Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2022, 03:26 PM   #1

Retrobands on Renegades?

All,
I have been researching Retrobands from NIRVC. These bands are installed inside the steer tires and are designed to provide added control in the event of a blowout. NIRVC recalled Gen 1 for failures, but it appears NIRVC has worked the bugs out on Gen 2 models.

My question is, are there any fellow Renegaders that have good or bad experiences with this technology. I see posts from class A coach owners, but no Super Cs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wayne
2021 Verona VRB
trailerbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2022, 06:19 PM   #2

Following …
MemByTheMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:29 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Not sure of retrobands on a super C, but if you havenít checked out Hutchinson industries they also produce a similar type of device. They may have some more flexible options. Iíve got them on my class A (installed by Spartan) but theyíve got solutions for super singles, military vehicles, etc. so a call might lead to a positive outcome.
Mighty_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 02:23 PM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_J View Post
Not sure of retrobands on a super C, but if you havenít checked out Hutchinson industries they also produce a similar type of device. They may have some more flexible options. Iíve got them on my class A (installed by Spartan) but theyíve got solutions for super singles, military vehicles, etc. so a call might lead to a positive outcome.
In reference to RettroBands:
RettroBands come in a variety of sizes. The bands can accommodate a host of RV types with tire sizes ranging from 255 to 365. So to answer the questionÖyes, RettroBands can be installed on Super Cís.

Initially manufactured for the military, RettroBands have now been engineered specifically for the RV industry. They have been tested to withstand the dramatic increases in front end axle weight RVís are built with in todays market. Double the weight of any ground military vehicle with tires.

In addition, RettroBand has been tested several times over the past many years both in a controlled environment as well as in real life front end tire blow situations. In each event the RettroBand, performed as designed. No loss of control has been experienced by any of the drivers and little to no damage to the RV has been identified and/or reported.

Even better still, RettroBands comes with a lifetime limited warranty for as long as the owner owns the bands.

I hope that helps.
574-312-9850
Chuck Lasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:31 PM   #5

NIRVC Rettroband or Flats Over RV Safety Band??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Lasley View Post
In reference to RettroBands:
RettroBands come in a variety of sizes. The bands can accommodate a host of RV types with tire sizes ranging from 255 to 365. So to answer the question…yes, RettroBands can be installed on Super C’s.

Initially manufactured for the military, RettroBands have now been engineered specifically for the RV industry. They have been tested to withstand the dramatic increases in front end axle weight RV’s are built with in today's market. Double the weight of any ground military vehicle with tires.

In addition, RettroBand has been tested several times over the past many years both in a controlled environment as well as in real life front end tire blow situations. In each event the RettroBand, performed as designed. No loss of control has been experienced by any of the drivers and little to no damage to the RV has been identified and/or reported.

Even better still, RettroBands comes with a lifetime limited warranty for as long as the owner owns the bands.

I hope that helps.
Thank you so much for the feedback!
First let me say thank you for those who have commented. As I continue my research, I stumbled onto another company that makes a similar product. I am attaching a link for those interested. The product is made by Flats Over who has a slightly different design. I am not shopping price so much as I am shopping for the best product. That said, the Flats Over product appears to provide equal benefit, and is backed by years of experience. It also happens to be half price of NIRVC. I have not made a decision between the two but I would be very interested if anyone has a point of view and/or experience with Flats Over.

Thanks in advance!
Wayne
2021 Verona VRB

https://rvsafetyband.com/product/rv-tire-safety/
Old 12-18-2022, 06:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerbal View Post
Thank you so much for the feedback!
First let me say thank you for those who have commented. As I continue my research, I stumbled onto another company that makes a similar product. I am attaching a link for those interested. The product is made by Flats Over who has a slightly different design. I am not shopping price so much as I am shopping for the best product. That said, the Flats Over product appears to provide equal benefit, and is backed by years of experience. It also happens to be half price of NIRVC. I have not made a decision between the two but I would be very interested if anyone has a point of view and/or experience with Flats Over.

Thanks in advance!
Wayne
2021 Verona VRB

https://rvsafetyband.com/product/rv-tire-safety/

Dead end street on Flats Over. Have decided to pull the trigger on Retrobands. Install is Monday.

Thanks,
Wayne
2021 Verona VRB