Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:35 AM   #1

Show up your upgrades!

I thought I would start a thread where people can show off their clever upgrades to make life better in their Renegade. You are welcome to include larger projects (Lithium battery upgrades, solar install), but my thinking was more along the lines of when you saw the upgrade, you thought "why didn't I think of that!"

I'll start off with a couple....

In our Classic, there are no drink holders for the passenger. Handle bar drink holder work well to attach to the grab handle. I had two of them so mounted both of them. Neither are in either the driver or passenger's line of sight.

The top of the passenger door is wide enough to place a cell phone. I put a sticky pad in this location and the phone sits here well. If you hit a large bump, it will fall off, but 99% of the time, it stays in place.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9111.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	327210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9112.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	327211  

Name:	IMG_9113.JPG
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	327212   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9114.JPG
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	327213  

millsj is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #2

In our bedroom closet, we have a cabinet that runs down the driver's side. There is a door on either side with a hanging bar running behind the TV.

For some extra "drawer" space, we installed a set of shelves that hang on hanging bar.

The problem is that when the shelves are hanging on the bar and pushed behind the TV, they are turned the wrong way to access the clothes. I pieced together some PVC to allow the shoves to hang 90 degrees to where they were.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9115.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	327214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9116.JPG
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	327215  

Name:	IMG_9117.JPG
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	327216  
Old 05-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #3

We both camp and use the RV as a tow vehicle for our race car. I like to carry a full set of tools for the races, but also like to have them for camping. I have plastic stackable drawers with labels so I can actually find the tools. I have always said that if I can't find it, I might as well not have it.

I also have a roll of paper towels velcroed to the door with Command Strips.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9122.JPG
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	327218   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9123.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	327219  

Old 05-04-2021, 09:01 AM   #4

My most recent upgrade deals with light in the bathroom. We have a split bath with a Maxair fan and a skylight over the shower. We like both, but it is not uncommon to be parked under a security light at the track. Let's just say that the bathroom area might as well be daytime. We can close the bedroom door, but if the gas heat is running, airflow is compromised throughout the RV and it gets hot in the bedroom.

I installed a shade over the Maxair fan, but there isn't anything for the skylight. I ended up cutting a reflective sun shade to size and using Velcro to secure it to the skylight. It actually looks much better than I would have thought and works great. You really have to look to see the Velcro on the skylight. It's also easy to install and remove.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9118.JPG
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	327221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9119.JPG
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	327222  

Name:	IMG_9120.JPG
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	327223   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9121.JPG
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	327224  

Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #5

This upgrade is a few years old, but still my favorite. JW Speaker LED headlights and fog lights. DOT compliant and State Inspection Station approved.

I don't have a photo, but I recently replaced the porch light with a Lumitec 10476 Perimeter light. It is a two color, dimming, fully waterproof light that uses existing circuitry and has a similar footprint to a standard RV porch light.

The nice feature, aside from the bulletproof construction, is that it comes on at about candle light brightness, but can be brightened to any setting up to "bad neighbor" bright if you really need to work on something.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2400.jpg
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	327279  
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM   #6

I may check out the upgraded porch light. We have two scene lights on either side and one in the rear, under body LED's, the awning lights and the porch light. We have joked that we have varying degrees of BRIGHT! It works fine when we are at the track, but not so good in the campground.

I dimming light would be nice.
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #7

I got one. Retractable kitchen-sized trash can under the sink. Yeah we lose some storage but this has been a HUGE quality of life improvement for us. We are used to having pull-out kitchen trash cans for the last 20+ years. Makes life in the kitchen much better than dealing with a standalone trash can or a mini one that fit under the original shelving.

We bought the Rev-A-Shelf 4WCTM-1516DM-1. This one is the largest that will fit in the Valencia due to the water heater. I cut an opening in the existing shelf and added some 1x3s on the sides with angle brackets to accept the glides. I also added a vertical support to the center because it was super floppy after I cut it. Then I added a slim-line cup pull to be able to pull the can out and still fit in under the original cabinet door. We decided not to remove the door from its hinges and attach it to the trash can because we wanted to retain the door opening method and pull hardware to match the other side.

The glides aren't self-closing but they do have increased friction at the end of the travel (closed position) so the drawer stays put while driving. We are super happy with this upgrade and wouldn't change anything if we had to do it over again.

Tags
upgrade