Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2022, 12:38 PM   #1

Slide will not stay in

I am new to the forum and hoping for some insight.
I have a 2022 Classic with 4 slides. Less than 100 miles on the first trip out the right front (kitchen) slide will drift out as you go down the road. We live in Virginia so it is not flat and straight. This is our second Renegade our first was a 2019 Verona LE. We never had a single issue with the slides not staying in place on the Verona. The person who did the walk thru at dealership specifically told me to throw away the slide locks. glad I didn't.
I have spoken to 2 people at the Renegade factory about this problem. They both tell me the only way to keep the slide in is put the slide locks in, the slides are to big.
Renegade has been wonderful so far. but...I am not willing to concede there is nothing wrong yet. The kitchen slide on the Verona was the same size plus had the refrigerator in it.
something else is going on.
is there anyone else who is having trouble with slides drifting out while driving down the road?

thanks

bob
IHPullerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2022, 05:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHPullerfan View Post
I have a 2022 Classic with 4 slides. Less than 100 miles on the first trip out the right front (kitchen) slide will drift out as you go down the road. We live in Virginia so it is not flat and straight. This is our second Renegade our first was a 2019 Verona LE. We never had a single issue with the slides not staying in place on the Verona. The person who did the walk thru at dealership specifically told me to throw away the slide locks. glad I didn't.
I have spoken to 2 people at the Renegade factory about this problem. They both tell me the only way to keep the slide in is put the slide locks in, the slides are to big.
Renegade has been wonderful so far. but...I am not willing to concede there is nothing wrong yet. The kitchen slide on the Verona was the same size plus had the refrigerator in it.
is there anyone else who is having trouble with slides drifting out while driving down the road?

thanks

bob
Hello, this motor coach should have come with something that is about 15 inches in length and has to rubber pads one on each end. You should have a couple of these considering you have 4 slides. These things are used for just such the case you are having. They mount on the inside of the coach one end up against the top wall of your coach and the other on the wood trim of your slide. The ends of the rods screw out in opposite directions so they are adjustable. By placing this pole in the position I described and tightening it, it will keep your slide from coming out while driving down the road. Hope this helps some, sure someone will be on here shortly just to add to this. Good luck
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 06:36 PM   #3

That would be a frustrating issue!

Does temperature seem to play a factor? If so, I have read somewhere that might indicate that air might be in a line to the hydraulics.

Also wondering if a hydraulic valve might be letting fluid pass through.

(this was assuming your 2022 slides are hydraulically operated)
MemByTheMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 06:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHPullerfan View Post

thanks

bob
I would be very frustrated with that answer from Renegade. I’ve almost never heard of anyone using their slide locks unless the slide motor was disconnected in a repair situation. I also have a Verona LE and have never used the slide locks but always have them with me for an emergency.
rhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 06:17 AM   #5

Is the slde drive a in- house design or a purchased component/ system... hydraulic or electric.
If purchased I'd check w the mfg to get their opinion.
Some MHs use HWH, some Swintech, others?
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 04:45 PM   #6

thanks for the questions

I never used the slide locks on my Verona in 35k miles
the slide on this classic is about the same size slide out on the Verona and no refrigerator on the classic slide so much less weight
they are electric slides same style as my Verona
IHPullerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:52 PM   #7

Slide opening while under-way

Have a 2021 Verona LE and the kitchen slide does exactly what you are describing. It will open up on the front edge about 1” while under-way. This is a Schwintech slide, and I think they are not robust enough for the heavy kitchen slides in this rig. I plan to replace it with a Vroom slide mechanism (google them, they are in Tucson and developed this slide mechanism specifically to replace schwintech units). $3,000 cost to replace.
jpaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide