RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Storage compartment door

I have a 2018 Renegade Valencia 38RW. The door to the septic hold tank is unlocked but will not open. Does anyone have a suggestion as how to open the door? The bottom and sides are sealed up.
Clancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2020, 04:31 PM   #2

Obviously the hatch needs some adjusting and that is easy to do once you get the door open. I would pull handle up and force the hatch to open and then make some adjustments to the two catches then. As long as the handle is pulled out/up I donot think you will break or harm anything by forcing it a iittle, it must be binding up right now
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #3

I opened the door ahead of the problem door and removed the hinge bolts of problem door and pulled door off,it's a slow tedious job but it worked.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:29 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for your replyís. I will try removing the hinge pins. Thanks again!!
Old 06-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Wrapped, I removed the door as you suggested. The cotter pin had slipped out of the pin connected to the rod. I replaced it and it works great. Thanks
Old 06-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancaster View Post
Wrapped, I removed the door as you suggested. The cotter pin had slipped out of the pin connected to the rod. I replaced it and it works great. Thanks
Glad you got it fixed.

Related question: one of my doors will not unlock when I unlock the main entry door. The rest of them unlock and lock when the entry door is locked or unlocked. I have to stand by the problem door with the remote and cycle it a couple times before it unlocks. I have taken the covers off the mechanism and lubed with white lithium grease and it still is stubborn about unlocking remotely. What is going on?
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrapped View Post
I opened the door ahead of the problem door and removed the hinge bolts of problem door and pulled door off,it's a slow tedious job but it worked.
I hope you never have a problem with the battery compartment door!
Old 06-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #8

Battery compartment is usually open for airflow you can reach in from behind.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
Related question: one of my doors will not unlock when I unlock the main entry door. The rest of them unlock and lock when the entry door is locked or unlocked. I have to stand by the problem door with the remote and cycle it a couple times before it unlocks. I have taken the covers off the mechanism and lubed with white lithium grease and it still is stubborn about unlocking remotely. What is going on?
Update. This is what fixed the problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trimark-339...V/133433701345
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, storage