Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:17 AM   #1

Valencia and Verona beds

This question is about what size beds are in them. Models I have in question are the Valencia 35, Verona 34 and 36. We prefer a queen bed, real queen not an RV but that's hard to find. Often/usually when you find the king/RV king there is no room to walk beside it meaning difficulty making or even getting in bed. Another issue is the king takes up space so there may be no night stand and a night stand is needed for the CPAP.

Possible solution is to cut down the king base/platform to a queen size thus giving maneuvering room and space to add a nightstand or build a shelf. But the question deals with whether that can be done. On my Omni the bed is on a platform and that platform is the same width as the box base underneath. In mine we have an RV queen so no issue except tight quarters. Longer models have the RV king and the box base is bigger.

All the Valencias show RV king, the Verona 34 a queen and 36 a king. There are no dealers with Renegade products within several hundred miles of me so I don't have any that I can view to check out. I'm hoping some current owners can help out. Is the box base that the bed platform sits on smaller than the platform? Such that the platform could be cut down to queen size and give more room? Generally speaking, what is in that bed base box?
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 12:47 PM   #2

We have a Renegade but not the Verona or Valencia, can’t help on the dimensions there. But, regarding your question of what is in the box under the bed? That is where Renegade puts the fresh water tanks (150 gallon).
MemByTheMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #3

Don't know about the Valencia, but the Veronia's bed base holds the 150 gallon fresh water tanks.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:16 PM   #4

Our Valencia 35MB has a “mini king”, also called an “olympic queen” when shopping for bedding (66”x74”).

The fresh water tanks (2 tanks, 75 gallons each) and water pump occupy the box under the bed, no usable storage to speak of…

There is a small space, probably about 8” on both sides of the bed to move around it, plenty at the end with the slide open. There is a small shelve with USB ports and a 120 outlet near the top (head) of the bed on each side for charging items, not sure what size a CPAP machine needs.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Larry View Post
Our Valencia 35MB has a “mini king”, also called an “olympic queen” when shopping for bedding (66”x74”).

The fresh water tanks (2 tanks, 75 gallons each) and water pump occupy the box under the bed, no usable storage to speak of…

There is a small space, probably about 8” on both sides of the bed to move around it, plenty at the end with the slide open. There is a small shelve with USB ports and a 120 outlet near the top (head) of the bed on each side for charging items, not sure what size a CPAP machine needs.
CPAP is about 8x12" but I can fit it on smaller shelf. My Raptor Toyhauler that I ordered with queen bed had 2 night stands that were 15"+- square and had plenty of room. The Omni has about a 7" square shelf and I use some of the rubber shelf non skid to keep it in place. In the XG32 Omni its has an RV queen and is pretty tight along the sides. Real queen too long with the slide in. Not going to put a folding bed in or have one for that matter.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:39 PM   #6

I have 2020 36 Verona.
It came with RV king bed.
It was too wide for getting into and out of.
There is an Aluminum frame for 150 gallon water tank. left it alone
All I did was replace the King Mattress with a full size queen with good quality foam rubber mattress with topper.
Slide in just pushes in mattress bottom in a little.
Been using this way for over year and works great.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraig View Post
I have 2020 36 Verona.
It came with RV king bed.
It was too wide for getting into and out of.
There is an Aluminum frame for 150 gallon water tank. left it alone
All I did was replace the King Mattress with a full size queen with good quality foam rubber mattress with topper.
Slide in just pushes in mattress bottom in a little.
Been using this way for over year and works great.
Thanks and that's the route we may take. My Itasca Horizon had a version of a tempurpedic mattress that was very comfortable that unfortunately went with that vehicle. I considered getting another for what we have and cut it down with an electric knife or long filet knife. But they are crazy expensive now too.

How much side overlap was there between the mattress platform and the frame box containing the water tanks? On my Omni there is no difference in that the mattress platform which is the moving part of the slide is the same width as the base box. But it's a RV queen so we wouldn't go smaller anyway. I have looked at some, a Nexus Ghost is an example, and the platform was a few inches wider than the box base. As such it could be cut to queen size and wouldn't impact the box base. Then just build some night stand/shelves etc.

In a couple weeks I'll be on a trip to a place that has many RVs to look at (maybe buy even) so I hopefully can answer some of my questions.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:22 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Renegade has the bed dimensions on the floorplans.

https://www.renegaderv.com/rv-brochure
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote