Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2021, 08:26 AM   #1

Valencia and Verona CCC

I'm researching and considering the shorter plans of these models, Valencia 34MB and Verona 34VQB. For those that have or have looked at, what is the CCC for them? Figure that's on the Tire and Loading (yellow) sticker. Also has anyone weighed one and what were the empty axle weights? Total CCCis nice but no way to know if that's concentrated on one axle.

Since it may be hard to find these specific models with weights, any other figure for these models and different plans will be helpful also since they give close indications.

Is the ISL in the Verona? Renegade web site nd brochure for Verona doesn't say whereas for Valencia it states, ISB.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2021, 09:38 PM   #2

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I just picked up our 2022 Valencia 35MB today. The CCC on the yellow sticker is 8809 lbs. if that helps. (Options include the washer, dryer, solar, in motion satellite, wi fi 2.0, and theater seats).

I will be loading it and plan to weigh it sometime in the next month or so. Based on previous experience, I can’t imagine adding more than 3500 lbs, including 1250 for for a full load of fresh water, and trailer tongue weight. But the scales will tell the truth…

Good luck in your search.

Oh, yes, the Verona has the ISL…
Bad Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Larry View Post
I just picked up our 2022 Valencia 35MB today. The CCC on the yellow sticker is 8809 lbs. if that helps. (Options include the washer, dryer, solar, in motion satellite, wi fi 2.0, and theater seats).

I will be loading it and plan to weigh it sometime in the next month or so. Based on previous experience, I can’t imagine adding more than 3500 lbs, including 1250 for for a full load of fresh water, and trailer tongue weight. But the scales will tell the truth…

Good luck in your search.

Oh, yes, the Verona has the ISL…
Thank you and that's a massive amount of CCC there at least in my opinion. Since I presume those options were factory installed, it "should" have them factored in. You certainly don't have to worry about your GVWR.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:28 PM   #4

I have a 2021 Valencia 38RB, which is a little longer and presumably heavier than the '34' models you are considering. My CCC is around 7K pounds, which is a lot. Most motorhomes have maybe a few thousand.
drewtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Larry View Post
This is exactly what drew me to the Valencias and the 35MB in particular. We want to stay at / under 36’ and the mini Super Cs on the Ford, Ram and Chevy chassises are cool, but they are only marginally better than what you get with an E450. They also have horrible access between the cab and coach, but that’s another conversation.
hippopapamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippopapamus View Post
This is exactly what drew me to the Valencias and the 35MB in particular. We want to stay at / under 36’ and the mini Super Cs on the Ford, Ram and Chevy chassises are cool, but they are only marginally better than what you get with an E450. They also have horrible access between the cab and coach, but that’s another conversation.
These are things that are true but the F550 or Ram 5500 offers a good bit more CCC, well little bit at least. In the Thor Omni with the shorter one XG32 I have just under 2200 CCC but it also has plenty of axle capacity so you are not forced to load awkwardly. Many gas C have maybe the same CCC but the available axle loading is more to the front. That's something you won't find out until you actually weigh it. Going to the F600 bumps CCC 2500# I believe is the figure. The Dynamax Isata 5with the Ram 5500 in the longer length has only 13-1400#, Thor does "better" by building so flimsy and cheaply. Not a good solution. I haven't seen figures for the Veracruz on the Ford chassis but I suspect the resemble the Isata sine it's better built than the thor.

The Omni drives nice and I am actually in very good shape for CCC and loading. Great chassis, poorly built house. Dismal actually.
Old 11-27-2021, 03:47 PM   #7

Valencia and Verona CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
These are things that are true but the F550 or Ram 5500 offers a good bit more CCC, well little bit at least. In the Thor Omni with the shorter one XG32 I have just under 2200 CCC but it also has plenty of axle capacity so you are not forced to load awkwardly. Many gas C have maybe the same CCC but the available axle loading is more to the front. That's something you won't find out until you actually weigh it. Going to the F600 bumps CCC 2500# I believe is the figure. The Dynamax Isata 5with the Ram 5500 in the longer length has only 13-1400#, Thor does "better" by building so flimsy and cheaply. Not a good solution. I haven't seen figures for the Veracruz on the Ford chassis but I suspect the resemble the Isata sine it's better built than the thor.

The Omni drives nice and I am actually in very good shape for CCC and loading. Great chassis, poorly built house. Dismal actually.
The Isata 5 28SS is pretty solid in the mid 2Ks, but as you point out the 30FW and 34DS are less less than 2K which isn’t acceptable for us. Same for Renegade Veracruz 35 models. The new Veracruz 30VRM is quite capable, but we prefer a fixed bed and don’t really like the floor plan.
hippopapamus is offline   Reply With Quote