Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2023, 12:11 PM   #1

Valencia Front Slide Floor Flex?

When the front slide is retracted in on our 2022 Valencia and you sit in the theater seating (which is on the slide), you can feel the floor of the slide flexing a bit. Is this normal? Are the Valencia slides made to support the weight of two people sitting in the seats when retracted? My slides have no floor rollers for support so I am worried about damaging the slide. Many thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2023, 06:39 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I had the theater seating (since replaced due to peeling) and I never detected any flex in the slide floor. With the seats out I walked on the slide and no flex.
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 08:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
I had the theater seating (since replaced due to peeling) and I never detected any flex in the slide floor. With the seats out I walked on the slide and no flex.
Peeling already on a 2019. Did the furniture manufacturer cover it ?
Bayouownbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
Bayouownbeer, no help from anyone but Renegade did sell me some covers for the backs (that's where the peeling was first detected). Cost of covers and install was about $1000. Soooo, when the rest of the chairs peeled I replaced the theater seats with a jackknife sofa. Legrests were too short anyway.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Bayouownbeer, no help from anyone but Renegade did sell me some covers for the backs (that's where the peeling was first detected). Cost of covers and install was about $1000. Soooo, when the rest of the chairs peeled I replaced the theater seats with a jackknife sofa. Legrests were too short anyway.
Only the issue with the theater seating? Rest of furniture on? I had this issue with my prior class A and it started with the sofa and the rest of the furniture same material soon followed.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:07 AM   #6

Thanks for the reply Walt. Mine definitely flexes quite a bit when the slide is in and I am a lightweight! Strange.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:50 AM   #7

Jayco Owners Club
Bayouownbeer, so far the only peeling was in the theater seats. I have the free standing dinette so there's a chance that different material was used (hopefully). If you have a booth dinette you may have more exposure.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Bayouownbeer, so far the only peeling was in the theater seats. I have the free standing dinette so there's a chance that different material was used (hopefully). If you have a booth dinette you may have more exposure.
Thanks for reply.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAE70 View Post
Thanks for the reply Walt. Mine definitely flexes quite a bit when the slide is in and I am a lightweight! Strange.
Could be be the slide rocking not closing tight ? Don’t make sense that floor only flexes with the slide in.
Old 01-16-2023, 11:05 AM   #10

At least on a 35MB Renegade cuts the leading edge of the slide so that the theater seats fit. I think this weakens the slide. When the slide is out the whole edge is supported, but when in the edge is floating (at least it is supposed to). On mine it flexes so much that the floor has been dented. Renegades fix for that was a pure bandaid. The had the dealer cut the bottom of the wood trim to give a little more clearance when the slide is in. This just allows the slide to drop down more. I made my own "slide slicker" for the slide to rest on when it's in. That stops it from denting the floor anymore than it already is. The Swintek slide mechanism just isn't adequate for a big slide so that is also part of the problem with mine. There is enough play in the mechanism between the top gear and tracks and the bottom such that the weight of the slide when in, levers the seal away from the outside wall. The dealer says as long as the seal touches it's acceptable.
navigator336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 04:20 PM   #11

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I can’t say that I notice much flex in our front slide floor while stowed, but ever since we took delivery, I have questioned what the root cause of the lower exterior trim of the slide to appear slightly twisted outward at the bottom might be…

I noticed it on the first 35 that we test drove, and have seen it on a few others we have encountered in our travels.

Navigator, can you share what you are using to prevent additional damage to your interior floor, and the solution that Renegade offered?

I took a photo of the shortened portion of the slide floor on ours. Even though it’s a bit out of focus, you can see the drawer under the forward facing (rear) dinette seat is making pretty firm contact with the interior floor.

I was thinking of fabricating a small angle “filler” to tie the gap between the longer piece and the shortened section in an attempt to reduce some of the potential deflection, but I am not sure that will be effective.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1F199222-25D7-453E-B5F4-6E0B719AFF0D.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	384490  
Bad Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 07:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouownbeer View Post
Could be be the slide rocking not closing tight ? Don’t make sense that floor only flexes with the slide in.
No, unfortunately the slide is totally in and tight against the exterior but the floor still flexes quite a bit. Can't be a good thing having a trampoline for a slide floor but what do I know.
Old 01-17-2023, 07:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator336 View Post
At least on a 35MB Renegade cuts the leading edge of the slide so that the theater seats fit. I think this weakens the slide. When the slide is out the whole edge is supported, but when in the edge is floating (at least it is supposed to). On mine it flexes so much that the floor has been dented. Renegades fix for that was a pure bandaid. The had the dealer cut the bottom of the wood trim to give a little more clearance when the slide is in. This just allows the slide to drop down more. I made my own "slide slicker" for the slide to rest on when it's in. That stops it from denting the floor anymore than it already is. The Swintek slide mechanism just isn't adequate for a big slide so that is also part of the problem with mine. There is enough play in the mechanism between the top gear and tracks and the bottom such that the weight of the slide when in, levers the seal away from the outside wall. The dealer says as long as the seal touches it's acceptable.
Sorry to hear you are having that problem. The build quality of RV's today is really sad. I have many other problems with my Renegade and I wish we had bought an older, higher quality unit but it is what it is..... whatever that means.
Old 01-17-2023, 08:59 PM   #14

Sagging Slide Solution Maybe

I also noticed the sag when I had the slides tracks replaced on my 2022 Valencia 35MB, My solution was to purchase two limpert slide rollers they are the type that have a mount on the top front. I mounted them with tap screws on the aluminum frame under the wooden trim. I used two carpet protectors to put under them when they are in use this protects the floor from damage. The slide seems much more secure when retracting and extending. I am thinking of putting two more for a total of four. Lippert Components 276288 J-36 Service Roller , Black
iambruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide