Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2023, 10:03 AM   #1

Vent model

I have a 2020 Verona and both of my roof vents went out about two weeks apart. I’ve traced the problem to the circuit boards, but renegade and Dometic can’t help me with parts without a model number. The labels on both units have come off and are gone. I’m the original owner and the units have power up and down three speed fan with rain sensor. If anyone has the same model and knows the model number, that would be a huge help. It would keep me from having to buy two new units.
Louie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2023, 04:40 PM   #2

Maybe this will help - https://pdxrvwholesale.com/p/fantastic-exploded-part
Old 04-20-2023, 06:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie14 View Post
I have a 2020 Verona and both of my roof vents went out about two weeks apart. I’ve traced the problem to the circuit boards, but renegade and Dometic can’t help me with parts without a model number. The labels on both units have come off and are gone. I’m the original owner and the units have power up and down three speed fan with rain sensor. If anyone has the same model and knows the model number, that would be a huge help. It would keep me from having to buy two new units.
You’re sure it’s dometic and not Maxxair? The maxair are the ones with thr control board issues. I have maxxair and have replaced the control boards on both fans. Mine are maxxair 4900N.
Bayouownbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:50 PM   #4

Thanks again everyone told us we had fan-tactic vents. That just explained why in the s/n I found the model no.4900n was there. I’m new to this site and it’s already been great.
Louie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 08:24 AM   #5

Maxxair has a 2 year warranty on them. I have the part number for the control board if you need it. I hear they are expensive to buy from Maxxair. Expensive junk control boards that have been failing for years. Mine didn’t last the first month on owner ship on 23 model. One of my replacements from maxxair out the box was DOA wouldn’t control the lift motor. So I now have 2 good boards out of 5. Hopefully these last but I highly doubt it.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie14 View Post
Thanks again everyone told us we had fan-tactic vents. That just explained why in the s/n I found the model no.4900n was there. I’m new to this site and it’s already been great.
Make sure you match the dip switches when you change out the boards. There are two very small switches that have to match in order for firefly to be able to communicate with the board.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:07 AM   #7

What fails on the board? Components can be replaced, and the boar/components upgraded to last (I used to Offer a service for doing similar on Bosch dishwasher controls where Bosch’s control manufacturer used an underrated relay to drive the heater).

I’d be willing to take a look at anyone’s failed board to see if the same can be done for others.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark52 View Post
What fails on the board? Components can be replaced, and the boar/components upgraded to last (I used to Offer a service for doing similar on Bosch dishwasher controls where Bosch’s control manufacturer used an underrated relay to drive the heater).

I’d be willing to take a look at anyone’s failed board to see if the same can be done for others.
I have 3 boards that have all failed the same way. From my understanding, there is a self resetting circuit/fuse that controls the lift motor. Once the lift motor gets to fully open or fully closed the circuit, then overheats and trips the self resetting fuse. These self resetting fuses are what fails. The control board will still control the fan but not the lift motor to the lid. I would be willing to ship on to you as have I have 3 bad ones. It would like to get them fixed with better parts. This is a ongoing issue with these fans. You can look back on the renegade FB page and they go back many years and they still have same issue with the new ones .
Old 04-21-2023, 04:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark52 View Post

Here is link to the picture of the control board schematics.

https://imgur.com/a/ZqpNWaW

Tags
vent