Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2020, 08:49 PM   #1

Verona 40VBH - Trying to figure out total cost of ownership

Hello all,
We are about a year away from a Verona 40VBH purchase. We owned a class A gas MH for 15 years in the past and ready to upgrade for our next purchase. Has anyone come up with a TCO estimate for the coach? Anything we should factor in that goes beyond the typical expenses of insurance, storage, tires, oil changes, filter changes that I need to consider for the coach? Aqua hot maintenance?

Our initial thoughts are that the easy access to the engine will make it much better to service and possibly service at a truck repair shop rather than costly RV shops for any big repair items.

Thank you in advance and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
LaszloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2020, 09:43 PM   #2

You'll save about 20% on the chassis labor rate if you use a shop that's not affiliated with an RV dealer. Not sure how much your previous coach was in the shop for chassis work but I wouldn't expect to save much money there. From what I've seen at Freightliner dealers, Freightliner scheduled maintenance items are the same price between front and rear engine chassis.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:39 AM   #3

Hello Rumline
Good to know and thank you for confirming. I had taken my old P30 to a truck repair shop for an alignment and really liked the lower price and quick turn round.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:09 AM   #4

Plan on spending about 7 or 8 times more on routine maintenance, oil changes, oil filters, fuel filters, air filters, chassis lubrication etc. For example, 5 gallons of oil instead of 5 quarts, $35 oil filter instead of $5, $25 water separation fuel filter, $20 secondary fuel filter, $60 air filter...everything is much more expensive than a gas RV.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:09 AM   #5

Thank you Steve. Good to know.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:43 AM   #6

I have 32,000 miles on my 2019 Verona LE LTS and I have had it serviced twice at Graham Truck Service which is located near a Pilot TX near me and it has been $350 each time for full fluids exchange and chassis lube.
Doug Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:38 AM   #7

Costs

Thank you Doug. Seems very reasonable if this is all that is needed each year.