Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #1

Verona cab Seats upgrade - Pulled the trigger

We are now over 13,000 miles since January on our Verona and love it! Support provided on the few issues we have had, has been phenomenal. With that in mind, we are always looking to make our travel experience even better. I noticed there has been a change in the front seat design for 2022. That, along with my wife not being completely satisfied with our current seat position, prompted me to make enquiries around potential seat upgrades.

After reaching out to Renegade, the seat recommended is a "Bostrom Wide Ride 2 Ultra Leather Serta Memory foam" . This is not an RV seat, but a long-haul truck seat. As further confirmation, I reached out to friend of mine who sells HD trucks. The feedback further confirmed this is a great seat for the M2 106 chassis. With that, I ordered two seats through Rainey's Truck Parts, along with adapter plates for both required for this chassis. (20-week lead time). Once received, and installed, I will update this post. Even though the cow has left the barn, I have two questions.

1. Has anyone had firsthand experience with the Bostrom seats?
2. Has anyone taken delivery of a 2022 Verona, that can provide feedback on the new 2022 seat verses 2021. (Just curious)

Thanks in advance,
Wayne
2021 Verona VRB
trailerbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2021, 10:26 AM   #2

I have nothing to contribute, but thank you for being a guinea pig and sharing your experience. Looking forward to hear how you like the new seats.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:18 PM   #3

I replaced my Bostrom seats with National Admiral CT two-tone gray genuine leather seats with long arm rests, heat & cooling, back cycler, ... These seats fit onto the standard low-profile seat mounts that were originally supplied by Freightliner (National OEM). In my case, I had to remove the Bostrom bases and adapter plates and replace them with the original Freightliner/National bases. I chose to go with the Admiral CT seats for numerous reasons, one of which is that they have left and right swivel adapters with both levers on the inside. I also wanted genuine leather and not black. The Bostrom swivels wobbled too much and were difficult to swivel while in the coach due to the position of the control lever. I also added bellows to cover the ugly.

Keep in mind that in an M2, you need to have low-profile bases. Folks that have the OEM Freightliner bases and are looking to upgrade to a better seat, sticking with National seats can save you some dineros.

National & Bostrom are owned by the same company Commercial Vehicle Group (CVG)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	National 40049.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	350987   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210122_142425.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	350989  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Seat.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	350990  
MagnaTudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #4

This is really good information. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Wayne
2021 Verona VRB
Old 12-12-2021, 01:19 PM   #5

We purchased a Verona VBH 40 in August and will be looking at upgrading the seats next year. The factory seats are adequate but not as good as some we had seen in older models and other RVs.

The driver's seat has several noises when used either with the air pumped up deflated. The seat bottom doesn't support all that well, and while heated, both front seats are manually operated.

We figured the seats were affected by the supply shortages.
rthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthompson View Post
We purchased a Verona VBH 40 in August and will be looking at upgrading the seats next year. The factory seats are adequate but not as good as some we had seen in older models and other RVs.

The driver's seat has several noises when used either with the air pumped up deflated. The seat bottom doesn't support all that well, and while heated, both front seats are manually operated.

We figured the seats were affected by the supply shortages.
Thank you for the response. Was thinking 2022 seats might be better but guess that answers that. You mention noises the seats make. On our 2021, I silicone all moving parts on the seats prior to every trip. It seems to lessen the noise they make when flexing up and down.
For what it worth.

Wayne
2021 Verona VRB
Old 01-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #7

Great Thread! I have not been happy with the factory buckets in our 2021 Verona 36VSB. Poor comfort, rattle noises, hard to use controls and poor-quality fabric. Thank you for posting and hope to see the follow-ups once installed.
grady8288 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, seat, upgrade