Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2021, 07:49 AM   #1

Verona LE oddities and fixes

A couple of weeks into our first trip with the Verona and we are really happy with this unit. Much quieter (both on road and in camp) than our last rig and everything seems so solid. But there are a couple of strange things. First - no shutoff valve in the shower. That and the single control handle makes temperature control for navy showers (we dry camp when able) frustrating. I’ll be adding a valve ASAP. Second - why on earth did they put the thermostat for zone 2 just inside the door in the hall instead of in the bedroom!?! (See pic) We used just the zone 2 a/c last night and my wife hit the sack first. When I opened the bedroom door an hour later, it was like walking into a meat locker, but the hallway thermostat thought it was still 75 degrees. Annoying, but I may have to move the thermostat back to a bedroom wall. One more strange thing that I already addressed. Our Pantry had a pullout wire basket unit that seemed to waste a lot of space and hold very little. I built a set pullout shelf trays to give us some much needed tall item storage - it’s working great. Cheers all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F661C984-AE5B-4EAB-8833-8D29212984A9.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	324011   Click image for larger version

Name:	84EBF513-C7F7-4D76-81FD-ACC365887CB5.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	324012  

Wandering Mcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #2

Good job on the pantry drawers. I can't wait to do that same mod. Any other tips you can share on that installation?
Old 04-07-2021, 12:33 AM   #3

Ditto on the nice job! What did you use for the shelves and sliders?
Happi Campah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #4

Here is some more info on the pullout pantry trays. The new trays are 24” deep and approximately 14” wide, with 2” lips. I framed them with some red oak I had on hand, and since I expected to handle heavy loads the bottoms are 1/2” Baltic birch plywood for strength. Each tray is mounted with a pair of 22” full extension, self closing draw-slides, the slides I purchased have the closure mechanism in both sides vs. less hearty single side closures. The slides are mounted onto plywood sides which are shimmed in from the original cabinet sides just enough to clear the door frame. These new plywood sides have pocket holed cross bracing on top and back to maintain a square structure. Note: in order to clear the door frame you need to install each side individually and the secure them to the existing sides and each other. For an afternoon’s effort, this project gave us some much needed tall item storage and is MUCH more useful than the original pull out wire baskets. Attached are a photo of the empty trays to better show what we did. If anyone has a pic of the wire basket unit, please share; I forgot to take a before picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D80FAB2F-749D-4D63-8E49-00CFEB84A6C1.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	324318   Click image for larger version

Name:	6EDA8A5C-37CB-4F86-927D-52F1A8D075F4.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	324319  

Wandering Mcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:05 PM   #5

Very nice job. I think I will plan to do the same thing.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:06 AM   #6

Thanks for the update, this is a must do.
Happi Campah is offline   Reply With Quote