Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2019, 06:47 AM   #1

Voyager Back up cam

Has any of you renegade owners expanded the factory system to include a camera for a trailer or tow? I tried locating the main box this weekend to see if cable was already ran, but didn’t locate it yet. It’s not behind the cab air cover. I’ll call renegade this week, but looking for personal experience. I have a camera on the way, I was just curious if it was run cable...plug camera...flip switch and go?
RaceRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 07:36 AM   #2

Our Verona LE has a plug on the back to connect the Voyager camera controller to your trailer/toad camera. I don’t use it but maybe some others do.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #3

Ours has the plug out the back as well, but do your wires actually go anywhere? There is 2 leads out the back one is connected, one isn’t on ours anyway. I guess I’ll know when the camera arrives and I plug it in.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:43 AM   #4

My Verona 36VSB already has a Voyager plug next to the trailer plug and a switch in the cab. I purchased a 30' cable to run thru the trailer to an additional Voyager camera. Also purchased a coiled cable from trailer plug to rv plug. Checkout etrailer: https://www.etrailer.com/manufacturer-Voyager.aspx
SSTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #5

Mine just plugged into the outlet on the back of our 2019 Verona LE LTS and works like a charm with the dash switch to trailer, or using the multiple split screen.
Doug Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:19 PM   #6

I have a 2020 Verona ordered I get next month. I asked the salesman about a camera for the toad. "Yes, It may be used to monitor the tow vehicle while in motion." in addition for a back up camera.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #7

I am also the happy owner of this feature without extra effort. In general, it’s even a little strange to see such a problem, because it has already been solved for a long time)
Tom Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cooper View Post
I am also the happy owner of this feature without extra effort. In general, it’s even a little strange to see such a problem, because it has already been solved for a long time)

What’s a little strange? Not reading the initial question I assume, because there was not a problem. I again was just asking if it was just as simple as running cable in the trailer From camera to plug...then a cable to the coach.? And if ya don’t post pics, it never happened 🙂!
The attached pic is the reason I even questioned what needed to be done.
I have the camera, but have not bought the other pieces to complete the job. Anyone have the part #’s and a good source for the coil cable from bulkhead? Or is that a strange question? Thanks in advance for the real help 🙂
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07E4DD32-C3E9-4733-8CC2-99FAC21992E7.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	259531  
Old 09-08-2019, 02:45 AM   #9

This the bulkhead connector that I purchased. Also picked up the trailer connector and 34' extension cable to the camera on the back my ATC trailer. From Amazon, I bought the identical Voyager camera as the Verona.

RV Cams Coiled Cable For Voyager Heavy-Duty Disconnect Kits
SSTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:12 AM   #10

SStuner thanks for the info, very appreciated!

Tags
voyage