Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Electric RVs and EV Charging
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2022, 12:58 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
. . . and what makes you think I want my very expensive EV battery - that I’m financially responsible for - used as a public utility.

After all, these batteries have a finite number of dis-charge/re-charge cycles. Then they degrade, then I have to replace it (or scrap the car).

. . . and if I don’t agree with that, the next step will be to force me to comply, and then we have a problem!
As opposed to ICE vehicles which have engines, transmissions, suspension, tires and batteries, which last forever and are maintenance free? Btw. too, you won't be forced to comply, you just won't have a car, anymore than you're forced to wear a seatbelt, drive sober, have your car inspected, register your car, or have a drivers license, you only have to comply with those rules to which everyone else complies if you want to operate a motor vehicle like everyone else.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2022, 03:56 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
As opposed to ICE vehicles which have engines, transmissions, suspension, tires and batteries, which last forever and are maintenance free? Btw. too, you won't be forced to comply, you just won't have a car, anymore than you're forced to wear a seatbelt, drive sober, have your car inspected, register your car, or have a drivers license, you only have to comply with those rules to which everyone else complies if you want to operate a motor vehicle like everyone else.
And there you go . . . winning hearts and minds!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 04:08 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD gas 6.0 dually
1994 K1500 Suburban shop mule and plow truck

No EVs in portfolio

EVs will come about as there are forced down the publics throat.

I have only 1 issue with EVs
That is the misconceived concept they are ZERO emissions and we/planet will be all the better because of EVs

Actually 2 issues........Generating capabilities to provide electricity for EVs and Infrastructure required
I'm of the opinion that if you don't want an ev don't buy one, I doubt they really care. Meantime, every automaker on the planet is tooling up to build ev's, pretty sure it's happening, just like automobiles replaced the horse and buggy, despite the buggy whip caterwauling.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 04:22 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
I'm of the opinion that if you don't want an ev don't buy one, I doubt they really care. Meantime, every automaker on the planet is tooling up to build ev's, pretty sure it's happening, just like automobiles replaced the horse and buggy, despite the buggy whip caterwauling.
I'm of the same opinion, but I don't see why people who don't want an EV should be paying for someone who does.
move on is offline   Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 04:30 PM   #173
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by move on View Post
I'm of the same opinion, but I don't see why people who don't want an EV should be paying for someone who does.
Not sure I should be paying for a school system I don't use, or libraries, or museums, or many of the other things we all pay for that we may or may not use.
tcg is offline   Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 04:36 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Not sure I should be paying for a school system I don't use, or libraries, or museums, or many of the other things we all pay for that we may or may not use.
Almost all people agree that we should fund some things we don't use.
Old 10-09-2022, 04:38 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
It was pointed out earlier in a similar thread that Elon Musk has not made his billions building EVs. I think Carbon Credits were mentioned. I hope this is not political.
Old 10-09-2022, 04:50 PM   #176
tcg

Quote:
Almost all people agree that we should fund some things we don't use.
Right, and EVs appear to be where you draw the line. The solution for you is to vote for people that don't want to fund things you don't like.
tcg is offline   Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 04:51 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
It was pointed out earlier in a similar thread that Elon Musk has not made his billions building EVs. I think Carbon Credits were mentioned. I hope this is not political.
I like Elon Musk. He's a great engineer and visionary. I can't help but thinking that he's amazed that he would ever become the world's richest man thanks to government subsidies.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:06 PM   #178

Quote:
I like Elon Musk. He's a great engineer and visionary. I can't help but thinking that he's amazed that he would ever become the world's richest man thanks to government subsidies.
a real-life equivalent to Tony Stark/Iron Man.......LOL
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 05:24 PM   #179

Quote:
a real-life equivalent to Tony Stark/Iron Man.......LOL
I like what Musk did as far as SpaceX goes. Especially, landing a rocket backwards on its launch pad. Not an easy feat, and necessary for a Mars landing. Getting back to Earth, he also proved that EV's could have some commercial value, like getting pollution out of a city center such as LA for example. I doubt he ever dreamed that EVs would become the darling of the woke crowd with the goal of getting rid of ICEVs.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:44 PM   #180
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD gas 6.0 dually
1994 K1500 Suburban shop mule and plow truck

I have only 1 issue with EVs
That is the misconceived concept they are ZERO emissions and we/planet will be all the better because of EVs

Actually 2 issues........Generating capabilities to provide electricity for EVs and Infrastructure required
My thoughts as a retired engineer. People are too awestruck by the dazzle to see the truthful picture which is being hidden by the green envoirlist.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 06:46 PM   #181
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
My thoughts as a retired engineer. People are too awestruck by the dazzle to see the truthful picture which is being hidden by the green envoirlist.

Ken
The truthful picture? What are we missing?
tcg is offline   Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 07:18 PM   #182

How to create a post that says nothing and makes no sense...

It's too bad that people get arrogant, aggressive and bullyish when this subject pops up. I've read that people often react that way out of fear.

We could all learn so much from each other if we actually listened instead of repeating falsehoods.

EVs are here and will be with us for quite some time no matter what people gripe about. If and when something better comes about then this process will repeat itself, but I probably won't be there.
kdauto is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
charging