Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Electric RVs and EV Charging
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2022, 10:16 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by move on View Post
I like Elon Musk. He's a great engineer and visionary. I can't help but thinking that he's amazed that he would ever become the world's richest man thanks to government subsidies.
Elon Musk is not an engineer just like POTUS Jimmy Carter was never a qualified navy nuke officer.

I am sure these men could have accomplished what I am proud to have accomplished but they chose a different path in life to become rich and famous.

What I do not understand is why the world riches man needs goverment money to fund his ideas.
followingsea is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2022, 11:09 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Why? We can't stop an ice age, nor can we start one.
Bad news Gary, we are in an ice age. Been there for about 3 million years.

I drive US 93 or 95 between Las Vegas and the PNW and see enough EV charging station that I could do it in a Tesla. I also see evidence of our current ice age.

There is a lot of nuclear waste in tanks from making weapon just north of Richland WA. Not a good place to be at the glacial maximum.

North of Las Vegas in the Great Basin they used to test nuclear weapons at the Nevada Test Site. Why not store the waste there? No Glaciers there for millions of years and not much there during the current glacial minimum.

So geologist can tell us about past climate but there are only theories about why it got colder.
followingsea is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 05:08 AM   #185

We now have pretty accurate data about ice ages from ice cores taken in Antarctica and Greenland. The data shows that ice ages occur every 100,000 years or so and these periods correlate with Milakkovich cycles whereby earth's orbit and its position in relationship to the sun changes periodically. Presently we have just passed the Holocene climate optimum and we're now headed into the next ice age.

The ice cores also yield accurate data about CO2 levels over the ages. It turns out that when global temperatures rise, CO2 levels follow several hundred years later, i.e., global warming causes CO2 levels to rise, not the other way around. This puts to rest the claims that human activity is the cause of global warming and lets us see CO2 in a more favorable light. The bottom line is that we don't have to waste any more money on windmill driven electric vehicles.
move on is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 08:08 AM   #186

Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
We now have pretty accurate data about ice ages from ice cores taken in Antarctica and Greenland. The data shows that ice ages occur every 100,000 years or so and these periods correlate with Milakkovich cycles whereby earth's orbit and its position in relationship to the sun changes periodically. Presently we have just passed the Holocene climate optimum and we're now headed into the next ice age.

The ice cores also yield accurate data about CO2 levels over the ages. It turns out that when global temperatures rise, CO2 levels follow several hundred years later, i.e., global warming causes CO2 levels to rise, not the other way around. This puts to rest the claims that human activity is the cause of global warming and lets us see CO2 in a more favorable light. The bottom line is that we don't have to waste any more money on windmill driven electric vehicles.
This is great news! Now I can just let the AC unit sit and rot after it goes out of warranty.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:42 AM   #187

Quote:
Presently we have just passed the Holocene climate optimum and we're now headed into the next ice age.
In about 50,000 years, ain’t none of us going to experience it.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:56 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
Elon Musk is not an engineer just like POTUS Jimmy Carter was never a qualified navy nuke officer.

I am sure these men could have accomplished what I am proud to have accomplished but they chose a different path in life to become rich and famous.

What I do not understand is why the world riches man needs goverment money to fund his ideas.
The reason it's so hard to get people to run for president and nobody wants to be a billionaire is 'cause they're viewed as failures.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 11:01 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioP View Post
In about 50,000 years, ain’t none of us going to experience it.
Thank God. If you think global warming is bad, wait until we get global cooling.
move on is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 11:06 AM   #190

Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
Bad news Gary, we are in an ice age. Been there for about 3 million years.

I drive US 93 or 95 between Las Vegas and the PNW and see enough EV charging station that I could do it in a Tesla. I also see evidence of our current ice age.

There is a lot of nuclear waste in tanks from making weapon just north of Richland WA. Not a good place to be at the glacial maximum.

North of Las Vegas in the Great Basin they used to test nuclear weapons at the Nevada Test Site. Why not store the waste there? No Glaciers there for millions of years and not much there during the current glacial minimum.

So geologist can tell us about past climate but there are only theories about why it got colder.
Thanks. You made my point.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:05 PM   #192
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
The reason it's so hard to get people to run for president and nobody wants to be a billionaire is 'cause they're viewed as failures.
Failures as billionaires? Clearly they are not.

Failures as human beings? That's the qustion/problem

And... No one wants to be a billionaire? No one?
tcg is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 01:35 PM   #193
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Closed

This thread went way off topic and never returned so it's time to move on.

Thanks to all posting on topic.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
charging