Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Electric RVs and EV Charging
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2021, 07:22 AM   #1

If your name is not on the F150 EV Lightning waiting list, you may have a longer wait

Seems like the published waiting list numbers hasn’t included fleet sales. Could be awhile.

https://electrek.co/2021/11/19/fords...d-out-forever/
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2021, 08:40 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I’d wait for the second gen anyway.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
I’d wait for the second gen anyway.
I suppose. Not a bad idea.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:52 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
I suppose. Not a bad idea.
Reading that article though, it might be fourth gen before they start to appear on the lots. For now if you do see one in a show room it will probably be MSRP + $10,000 like the Shelbys...
Old 11-22-2021, 08:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Reading that article though, it might be fourth gen before they start to appear on the lots.
I know right. They are in a good and bad position. Once the first 50,000 or so get out on the road and people start doing test drives it will start to kill gasser F150 sales. People will put in orders and hold on to their old trucks instead of buying a new gasser. Or they’ll switch to other brands, which for the moment is Rivian. They are also having their own ramp up problems.

I wonder who will make it to market first with their half ton? Tesla or Ford.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:02 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
I know right. They are in a good and bad position. Once the first 50,000 or so get out on the road and people start doing test drives it will start to kill gasser F150 sales. People will put in orders and hold on to their old trucks instead of buying a new gasser. Or they’ll switch to other brands, which for the moment is Rivian. They are also having their own ramp up problems.

I wonder who will make it to market first with their half ton? Tesla or Ford.
And you can bet GM and Chrysler wont be too far behind.

https://www.gm.com/commitments/elect...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024...uck-confirmed/
Old 11-22-2021, 09:08 AM   #7

Quote:
No doubt. They are done if they don’t. Ford and GM are both in pre-production though. I haven’t seen Stellantis even show a prototype yet. Or even a battery deal or factory location. Then again, I haven’t been following it close.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Reading that article though, it might be fourth gen before they start to appear on the lots. For now if you do see one in a show room it will probably be MSRP + $10,000 like the Shelbys...

Doubtful they will sell at above MSRP. That hasn’t been what everyday truck buyers are used to. Without discounts from sticker on a non limited edition, they won’t sell.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
Doubtful they will sell at above MSRP. That hasn’t been what everyday truck buyers are used to. Without discounts from sticker on a non limited edition, they won’t sell.
I don’t know. The Mexican made Ford Mach E Mustang routinely sells for 5 to 10 grand over MSRP. People flip brand new Teslas for a profit because the waiting list is over 8 months. Lots of money out there and not enough production.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:57 PM   #10

i guess while your waiting you could install the dedicated 80 amp charge port and the transfer switch on your house.
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmandoo62 View Post
i guess while your waiting you could install the dedicated 80 amp charge port and the transfer switch on your house.
It will probably be like most of us with Teslas. Most will just use the 32 amp EVSE (charge station) that comes free with the truck.

I’m not sure what the transfer switch would be used for.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #12

You will never find one in my Garage, I do not want any part of one.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
You will never find one in my Garage, I do not want any part of one.
Heh heh. . To each his own right?
Old 11-30-2021, 08:33 AM   #14

the transfer switch is so you can use the truck as your stand-by generator if you lose power.from what i read on the ford site it can power up to 30kw per day for 3 days.
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light