RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:39 PM   #1

Bigfoot truck camper battery disconnect?

Hello, this is my first post and question.

Iíve got a 1999 Bigfoot 25C106B truck camper whose batteries wonít charge.

With shore power plugged in, batteries not charging. With truck plugged into camper and running, not charging.

I canít get lights turned on inside camper, nor does the gauge that shows how much water is in tank, how much grey water, black water, etc work.

Nothing inside camper that is 12v dc dependent seems to work at all.

I called my local RV center and they said I need to find the battery disconnect and reset it. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a reset anywhereís.

The dealer also said he has NEVER seen a truck camper without a battery disconnect.

Any Bigfoot truck camper owners know if these campers have a battery disconnect and if so, where is it located?

Thanks
pappyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2020, 09:44 PM   #2

Give grant a call at the factory. If you can’t get in touch with him (he may be on the road) let me know and I’ll track it down. I’m 10 minutes from the factory.
radar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:45 PM   #3
laj

Just guessing, but look either under the sink, or in the step that you use to get into the cab over with. my best guess
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:53 PM   #4

I called Bigfoot in Canada 2 days ago and haven’t got a reply, kinda disheartened to tell ya the truth.

I looked all around the step up into the bed, even taking the plate covering the power inverter off trying to locate a button or something. I’ve looked under the sink too and can’t find anything that looks like a reset button, switch, etc...

Where is it? I took off the wooden board covering the heating system thinking it might be hid under the seat closest to the bed, but again, nothing.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyman View Post
I called Bigfoot in Canada first 2 days ago and havenít got a reply, kinda disheartened to tell ya the truth.

I looked all around the step up into the bed even taking the plate covering the power inverter off trying to locate a button or something. Iíve looked under the sink too and canít find anything that looks like a reset button, switch, etc...
Ok. Iíll try and touch base with someone tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:56 PM   #6
laj

Well back then maybe putting them next to the batts. If not there i am at a loss. Not very familiar with them back then, sorry.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:58 PM   #7

Radar? 15 minutes from Bigfoot? Wow, if you would stop by Bigfoot, that would be awesome!
Old 12-02-2020, 10:02 PM   #8

Yah laj, I looked around the batteries too. I looked in all the exterior compartments trying to find something, but nothing.

I wonder if just disconnecting the batteries, then reconnecting the batteries would do something to reset whatís wrong? Heck I donít know.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Radar? 15 minutes from Bigfoot? Wow, if you would stop by Bigfoot, that would be awesome!
Yep. Just down the road. I have a contact there. Iíll call tomorrow.

I also just sent a text to a tech that works at the local Bigfoot dealership. Literally 3 kilometers down the road from me. Iíll get back to you soonest.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Yep. Just down the road. I have a contact there. Iíll call tomorrow.

I also just sent a text to a tech that works at the local Bigfoot dealership. Literally 3 kilometers down the road from me. Iíll get back to you soonest.
Thatís just amazing to me. I hope they know the answer to my dilemma. Thanks for your willingness to do this for me.

Is it true that there should be a battery disconnect on truck campers? Iím new to this so I really donít know and never even thought about a battery disconnect either.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Ok. I just got two texts from the tech. Here are the cut and pasted.

“Hey John! I believe they do not have them in those years. Years after yes. If it would have one for some reason it would likely be near the battery compartment. inside the interior around the entry right side near door or inside under kitchen sink cabinet is the usual placement for relay”

“Pull a drawer near k sink and look in there also. Assuming if it may have one. If its all stock original I'd say no it won't have one”

Sorry. Not much help. I’ll still try and touch base with the tech at the factory tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:13 PM   #12

Hmmmmm....if not a battery disconnect issue, then it has to be the inverter, right.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:16 PM   #13
laj

I have not heard of newer tcís not having one. At least you jumped in with a good one. If radar canít get an answer, i will try a tech i know that is familiar with BF. The problem is Ron, and Grant didnít own the co back then, but a lot of the techs were there and i think they hired all the good ones back.

Ron did work there before he bought it tho
Old 12-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Hmmmmm....if not a battery disconnect issue, then it has to be the inverter, right.
Not inverter, converter. In those years they used a 6345 magnetek converter. There is a 120 volt breaker for it in the adjoining breaker panel. If that is good then it could be the converter. Those were old fashioned 2 stage reliable converters but without a doubt if it is original equipment then it is at its end of life. There is a slide in solid state replacement for them available at any dealer. I believe the part number is something like 7345 something or other. Easy to change but if you are not handy with electricity get it done.

Iíll double check with the factory guy tomorrow.

Tags
battery, battery disconnect, camper, disconnect, truck camper