Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #1

Go bag / bug out bag

Okay, I’m new so please steer me in the right direction if I’m wrong.
It’s my understanding that most RVers, particularly full-timers, keep a go-bag or bug-out-bag, or whatever each call it, at hand.

Inside this bag is kept important papers, originals or copies, like identification, passports, birth certificates, credit card contact information, insurance/s contact information, title, registration, medical records, etc.
Also, important items to you, like, prescription drugs, flashlight, phone charger, spare keys, an implement/s of persuasion, water, energy bars, change of clothes, sanitizer, cash, etc.
Whatever…

Reason, should you have to leave your RV, in a hurry, like let’s say a fire during the night, or an accident out on the road, or maybe not in a hurry like your RV is being towed from a highway to be serviced, or some reason you cannot stay in your RV right now.
It enables you to quickly grab one bag and everything you need to get through this emergency situation is there, or at least provides you some comfort to get you through.

Now assuming everything I’ve said so far is true, the question is, what do you do with your go bag when you’re out on excursion like a nature hike, or visiting a museum, etc.

It seems to me your life is in that bag and should it be stolen while you’re out, that could be a big problem. On the other hand, that’s a lot of unnecessary crap to lug around with you on a hike or excursion.
So, what do you do with it?

Thank you for listening,
Randy
RandyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2021, 11:01 PM   #2

And right there you put your finger on why I don't have a bug out bag. I've got all my important stuff scattered around, some hidden, just so it's not easily stolen. But I have much in the way of fire prevention in the RV, both in the house, and in the engine compartment where most RV fires begin.

So, suggest you concentrate on fire prevention and hide your precious stuff around the house.

I've been full timing for 17 years now. So far, no fires, no break-in either for that matter. If you tend to stay in RV parks, rather than boondocking, in RV theft is rather rare as I understand it. Patio stuff, and car stuff does disappear on occasion though.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:13 AM   #3

Thank you so much Jim.
Randy
RandyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:16 PM   #4

PM me if you want to know a secret RV hiding place with easy access.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote