Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2022, 08:15 PM   #1

Installing Camper Jacks

I have a 1997 Okanagan Camper that currently doesn’t have jacks on it. I bought four hijacker brand jacks that I am wanting to put on to make taking it on and off my truck easier. The jacks will not clear my truck once put on the camper. I have L brackets I can weld on that will make them stick out further but two will still not clear on the driver side (camper sits off centre in my truck). Does anyone have ideas on how I can make these jacks on my camper work?

I appreciate all the information I can get!
Erica10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2022, 09:11 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2 .

Is your truck a bubble fender dually ?

Or was the camper built for a step side truck ?

I'm not sure I understand your comment about " Two will not clear on the drivers side " ?
Won't the rear jack clear the bumper ?
Old 08-10-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
laj

A whole bunch of something isn’t what it seems.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 12:53 PM   #4

You need the swing brackets for the front jacks
Swing in when you travel if not, they will be in the viewing mirror
08Carriage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 08:58 AM   #5

The camper sits off center.. Makes perfect sense. or centre, maybe centre is something we dont think it is.
Have you tried putting the camper in backwards? that makes about as much sense as the post.
How are you putting the camper on now without jacks? Seems any camper would be heavy lift for 4 guys.
Yes, weld some stuff up. You can always take the legs off for travel.
Bobertgoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:39 AM   #6

1997 Okanagan Campers were equipped with standard jacks; you may need dually brackets for the front jacks on yours. Not sure why it isn't centered, but it can't be that far off or it wouldn't fit between the wheel wells....

Dave

Tags
camper, install, jacks