Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2022, 11:17 PM   #1

Lance 825 Lithium and Inverter Install

We purchased an 825 a little over a month ago and have about 12 days on it so far. From the start I planned on upgrading to Lithium and adding an inverter. The 825 is small, so space is tight, but it worked. The main system components are as follows:

2x Lion Energy Safari UT 1300 Lithium batteries, 105 Ah each, for a total of 210 Ah

Victron 12-12 / 18 DC-DC charger

Victron BMV-712 Monitor

Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 watt inverter / charger

The entire system fits in the battery compartment.

The only wires added beyond the battery compartment are (a) 110v going from the shore plug to the inverter and back to the Progressive Dynamics Load Center, and (b) a new 8 awg wire from the front bench electrical distribution area to the battery compartment. I struggled to find a way to run these and ended up drilling through the bench seat walls and running the wires through a chase that is below the table support. Although wires run under the floor as built, I could not find a way to reasonably do the same. I presume all of the wire and other runs are done by Lance before the floor goes in. The chase is out of the way and doesn't look out of place in my view.

I also added 2 vents to the battery compartment where the intake fans are on the inverter so it can pull air into the compartment. I left the old battery vents to allow some outside air flow.

The way it is set up, I put a switch on the little panel inside the battery compartment door. To turn on the inverter I just open the door and flip that switch. The panel also has the BMV-712, but I will typically use the bluetooth to view it.

In the front compartment I removed the BlueSea ACR. The incoming wire from the truck plug now goes to the DC-DC Charger. With the standard 8 awg running from the truck battery to the DC-DC charger it pulls just under 23 amps at the truck battery and per the BMV is pushing 19 amps into the house batteries (actually 1 amp above the charger's rating).

A before-and-after wiring diagram and some photos are attached.Attachment 367113Attachment 367116Attachment 367114Attachment 367115Attachment 367117Click image for larger version

Name:	Above.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	367118Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	367120Click image for larger version

Name:	Inverter.jpg
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	367119Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontBin.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	367121
JamesInTahoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2022, 11:34 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Nice.... very clean.
Curious why you went with Xantrex vs Victron inverter/charger with all the other Victron equipment???
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Nice.... very clean.

Curious why you went with Xantrex vs Victron inverter/charger with all the other Victron equipment???
Thanks.

The space is 19" x 19" . The Xantrex is the only pure sine wave inverter/converter that will fit in the space. It is 16" x 12" x 4". And the quality seems good on the Xantrex. The project was half electrical design, half Tetris.
JamesInTahoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:10 PM   #4

I have the same camper and am working on figuring out how to do the same thing. I think you replied to my inquiry on Lance Owners, but I have some questions:
1. Did you place the DC-DC in the same location as the ACR, or is it the blue box I see in a picture?
2. I assume that you had to remove the little wall in the front of the batt compartment, where the shut off switch is - is that where you put a vent?
3. My 8 AWG from the truck is connected to the battery directly, not switched with the ignition. I was told that I don't want it this way - is that how yours is?
Do you have other pictures? I only see 4 above.
Thanks for your help!
LaneW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, inverter, lithium