Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2004, 01:18 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought a used 2004 Lance 820 (built 7/03) and found that the sliding window leaked which has been previously reported by many Lance owners. I have followed this forum for months and was aware that Lance had offered to replace the window or furnish a boot to fix the problem. Knowing that Lance was a good company to deal with and would honor the balance of the Warranty, I closed the deal, called and notified them (Customer Service) of the problem. He said that they had fixed the problem to the best of their ability and that a boot was the best fix available and that I was free to purchase one from my dealer. What happened to this great company after I bought or did I just get a bad C/S guy on a Friday afternoon? What is the best fix if Lance is not going to take care of the problem? Thanks,
Shipper
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2004, 01:18 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought a used 2004 Lance 820 (built 7/03) and found that the sliding window leaked which has been previously reported by many Lance owners. I have followed this forum for months and was aware that Lance had offered to replace the window or furnish a boot to fix the problem. Knowing that Lance was a good company to deal with and would honor the balance of the Warranty, I closed the deal, called and notified them (Customer Service) of the problem. He said that they had fixed the problem to the best of their ability and that a boot was the best fix available and that I was free to purchase one from my dealer. What happened to this great company after I bought or did I just get a bad C/S guy on a Friday afternoon? What is the best fix if Lance is not going to take care of the problem? Thanks,
Shipper
Old 08-27-2004, 08:39 AM   #3

This isn't so much a Lance problem as it is a problem with whoever makes the sliding window. Lance doesn't make their own windows or their own appliances, just the frame and body of the camper.

The slider on my 2000 Lance 1030 has leaked from the start, and I asked them the same thing and they said the boot was the best solution. Since I rarely deal with rain, I don't bother. The curtain gets wet now and then and so does the carpet under it, but never very wet, and it dries easily. I put the curtain in the wash once or twice a year and all is well.

For what it's worth, on my next Lance, I will special order it with a FIXED window instead of a sliding one to eliminate this problem completely.

Rob
RobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:50 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just finished talking to a C/S supervisor and he has agreed to send me a boot at no cost for my window leak problem. I feel much better about Lance support. The window only leaks during heavy storms and then not enough to get the curtain wet. The boot will seal the window. Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:03 PM   #5

On 11/04 we purchased a new Lance 1181. The day after we picked it up we left for Richmond, VA from Mesa, AZ. The camper, sitting on an '05 D-Max 3500 Chev.; it was our maiden voyage. From NM to VA it poured daily. The front window leaked. Wait, leaked is an understatement. We used our bath towels at every rest stop to soak up what we could. We needed hip-boots to get into the bed. It now sits at Tom's Camperland in Tempe,AZ waiting for repairs.
Azishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:24 AM   #6

I am new to Lance world. Exactly which window are you guys talking about? Where is it leaking.

Thanks

Jim Scoggins
Jim Scoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:51 PM   #7

The lower front window that is in line with the truck's rear window. Problem is with water blowing in through the weep holes on bottom of window.
dalton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:15 PM   #8

I was in a toad strangler back in June in New Mexico. No boot. Plenty of water going in the window. I'm thinking about devising a rain flap with a velcro fastener to install for the occasional downpours. It wouldn't take much to block the majority of the water that makes it through.

Poor window design. I guess we are supposed to pull over and stop when it starts raining. Yeah sure!
Jumbo Jet is offline   Reply With Quote