Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2019, 04:30 PM   #1

Lance vs Adventurer

Looking for some honest opinions. How would you experienced truck camper owners rate the overall build quality of lance vs adventurer? looking at both but hard to tell from the outside. Would be a 2020 or 2019 model. thank you in advance. Don
donsolcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #2

I have been very happy with my 2005 Lance 1181. I bought it second hand from someone that did not treat it very well or keep up the kind of maintenance that a good owner would. With that said I have found most of the interior parts to be very durable and the systems such as appliances, heat/AC, and water heater to hold up well. Now mine is a 2005 and I'm sure a lot has changed over the years since mine was built. Lance does have a reputation for quality. Unfortunately I do not have any experience with the Adventurer brand so I can not say one is better then the other.
ChallengerRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm on my 3rd Lance, I'll just cover the last 2 an 015 1055s & an 015 1181. We ordered the 1055s new out Yakima WA, & had zero problems or warranty claims. Two years later it burned up from a shop fire. We liked the camper a lot with its new style counters & computer cut woodwork. We were fortunate to find an 1181 with the exact colors etc (with no graphics just like our 1055s) so we bought it. We love this layout & have again not had any issues, as long I run the slide fully in & out ( schwintec mechanisms). I did look at some Adventurer's but thought they had a little "cheesier" interiors at the time. I liked the Eagle Cap's at the time but we're out of my budget at the time, as I got About 25 percent disc off MSRP in Yakima. I don't think you can go wrong either one, depends on what floor plan you like, (personally I don't like really any of the new Lance floor plans, I would be looking seriously at the Adventurer's) sorry about the lack of paragraphs couldn't get it to work right on my phone!!
lincolnmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #4
laj

i have had campers for quite a few yrs. , neither one of these. i almost bought a 01. eagle cap 950 but it was a piece of junk. not built that way new, just an idiot had owned it and gave it no care at all.
what i have heard from a couple of selling dealers that in the beginning the original owner was good on warranty work, but the current factory can be tough to get issues fixed without a lot of hassle. another difference is adventure/ eagle caps are quite a bit heavier then the lance. i have heard lots of great things about lances customer service . i think it has a lot to do with the dealer you buy from if going new. the larger the dealer the more pull they have with the factory. i think its somewhat of a crap shoot. you pays your money, and you takes your chances. i would check out the dealer as hard or harder than the factory. see how they treat their customers after they have your money, not just when their trying to get it. jmho
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:06 AM   #5

Pulled the trigger

We decided on a host cascade 10.6. We are happy with everthing but the foldout steps that seem to be on a lot of t/c s. Thanks for all the good info
Old 08-18-2019, 09:04 AM   #6

You can replace the steps with a set of the Torklift GlowStep Revolution. You will need the narrower version with five step treads and to fabricate mounting plates.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:41 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. I'll check those torklife steps out. Don
Old 08-20-2019, 07:21 AM   #8

Honestly, campers, all campers, go thru generations of durability, reliability and every other catagory. By and large, Lance has always been a solid performer. But you put that up against 2019-2020, you have leaped generations till now--in ALL CAMPER MAKERS!

I would go and look at the campers your interested in, plain and simple. Then go on THEIR message boards and speak to the specific models.

Asking on this forum may get you completely irrelevant help based on those many generations of history that make ZERO relevance to TODAY's build standards.

Nothing is ever the "way it used to be."
TerryCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:12 AM   #9

FWIW I'm in the 3rd year with my Eagle Cap 960. It's been a great camper with relatively few issues and those were fixed under warranty the first year...
dogbreath650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, adventurer