Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #1

So, finally put a deposit on an '03 Lance, 1025. It's quite clean on the inside. The outside looks structurally sound. i.e. all hardware looks original and it appears that no jacks nor eyebolts have been pulled out.

I did not have the presence of mind to take any pictures. It'll have to wait until I can pick it up.

It'll be ~2 weeks before I get get back to pick it up, mostly because I need another weekend to finish getting the truck prepped.

So, the list:
Torklift tie downs
Fastguns
Air Lift suspension
Truck Wiring
Dually swingout brackets
New mattress

In the next month or so....
Torklift Superhitch + Extension

In a few months....
AC
Generator

I've found some 5th wheel preflight checklists, as well as some generic stocking checklists.

Any thoughts about what to look for before comitting to a 5yr old camper? Unless I am mistaken, the exterior will need to be resealed in the next few months. It does not appear to be leaking, however, the sealant is getting stiff and losing it's sticky.

TIA

Tony

TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #2

So, finally put a deposit on an '03 Lance, 1025. It's quite clean on the inside. The outside looks structurally sound. i.e. all hardware looks original and it appears that no jacks nor eyebolts have been pulled out.

I did not have the presence of mind to take any pictures. It'll have to wait until I can pick it up.

It'll be ~2 weeks before I get get back to pick it up, mostly because I need another weekend to finish getting the truck prepped.

So, the list:
Torklift tie downs
Fastguns
Air Lift suspension
Truck Wiring
Dually swingout brackets
New mattress

In the next month or so....
Torklift Superhitch + Extension

In a few months....
AC
Generator

I've found some 5th wheel preflight checklists, as well as some generic stocking checklists.

Any thoughts about what to look for before comitting to a 5yr old camper? Unless I am mistaken, the exterior will need to be resealed in the next few months. It does not appear to be leaking, however, the sealant is getting stiff and losing it's sticky.

TIA

Tony

Old 03-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #3

Congrate Tony. You will like the Lance. I also bought a used one last spring. I ended up with some rather serious structural problems that the dealer I bought from stood behind. They ended up repairing the whole front & right side of the Camper. I have not seen the work yet as I am still in Florida for the next 2 weeks. Even though I had some problems i really like the Lance & it is VERY well built. Good luck with yours. We are takeing ours to Alaska this summer.

Reg
Old 04-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #4

Reg,
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I saw your post last week. Kinda scared me. I went over it really close & found no loose exterior screws, and what I could see of the interior structure (through the waste water drain panel) I did not see any dry rot or water damage.

Tony