Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #1

Left Simi Valley last night headed for the Truck Camper Show in Ogallala Nebraska, stayed at the Flying J in Las Vegas, had a great breakfast, stopped in Beaver. Utah at a KOA. Here are a couple of pictures(click on them for a full size view):

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #2

Left Simi Valley last night headed for the Truck Camper Show in Ogallala Nebraska, stayed at the Flying J in Las Vegas, had a great breakfast, stopped in Beaver. Utah at a KOA. Here are a couple of pictures(click on them for a full size view):

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Old 06-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #3

06/09/06
Left Beaver Utah O'dark-early, got rained on several times, arrived at Rawlins Wyoming KOA for the night. Right after I got here it got real windy and then poured like crazy for ten minutes, lightning~thunder~wow.
Covered 440 miles today, best gas price so far this trip was $2.69 in Evanston Wyoming. Sure beats California prices!
Here are some pics from the campground, once again it's pretty empty and I am the only Truck Camper *sigh*
Click on pics for a full size view:

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Old 06-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #4

Nice looking setup. I too have a Silverado w/my camper however I'm in the diesel version. I have also noticed that there are a lot more trailers, 5er, & coaches than slide ins. I can see why when the weather is bad. I was out last weekend & we had downpours - I saw a few card games going on in the trailers - kinda cramped to do that in the slide-in. It can be done but not as roomy.

2009 Komfort Trialblazer 285S
Riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #5

06/10/06
Left Rawlins Wyoming KOA at 4:30. The drive east on I80 was nice that early, only a few trucks around. At 9,000 feet the temperature got down to 45, but as I went lower it got hotter. Arrived at Ogallala State Park at 11:00, the temperature is 82, the elevation here is 3400 feet. I'm in a site without power, so hopefully someone will be leaving tomorrow so I can get a power site. Looks like it's going to rain tonight, there is a lot of thunder going on. Well, it did rain, and lightning, and thunder, and HAIL~ the size of large marbles.
Here are some pics from the campground.

6/11/06
Moved to a spot with electric, yippie, #73 if anyone at the show is looking for me. Cleaned all the dirt and leaves from the camper that the storm deposited. Rained and hailed again tonight!! Here are some pics from the campground, and I am NOT the only Truck Camper anymore.

6/12/06
Went to Cabelas world headquarters in Sidney Nebraska, about 60 miles from the campground, and I didn't buy a thing, go figure. Spent the rest of the day camping and enjoying retirement.
No pics today.

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Old 06-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #6

Thanks for sharing pictures of your trip; we are not doing much camping this summer...thus good to see other people's adventures.

There is a nice little Rv site on the east side of Rawlins WY that we usually stay in during our trips from FL to OR.

IWD
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #7

6/14/06
S&S showed up today with some TCs

Northstars display

The tents for the show are going up

Our WiFi setup

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Old 06-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #8

Again, nice pictures; this would be a great show to attend. Iver (hemi)
Old 06-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #9

I loved my S&S! It was the best slide we had. We had four others. The fellow that bought it has stayed in touch and they are also 100 % pleased. Scotty.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hemi:
Again, nice pictures; this would be a great show to attend. Iver (hemi) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There will be another one next year, I'll post the date as soon as it is set so you can make plans to attend!

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Old 06-18-2006, 02:57 AM   #11

06/16-17/06
Some of the camper displays:

Close up of a TC trailer used for delivery:

The happy campers:

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Old 06-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #12

Thanks for posting; now I can put some faces to names I see on IRV2.

Iver (Hemi)
Old 06-23-2006, 05:04 AM   #13

06/19/06
On our way to Salina Kansas, 99 º, cooling to 70 º tonight, where's Dorothy when you need her?

First let's get Tim some tail light bulbs........

Then let's get Tim a new tire......

Now we have to get Budster a refrigerator cover.

And a new one is found

Salina Kansas KOA

Handed out some brochures to a fellow TCer

Fishing pond at the KOA

Storms brewing in Kansas

06/20/06
Norfork Lake boat storage near Tim's place

Tim getting the boat uncovered and ready for a blast down the lake

Faster Tim, faster!

Camping at Tim's

Tim and neighbor Robin solving the world's problems

Tim's Ford retractable

Some pictures from Tim

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Old 06-24-2006, 07:05 AM   #14

jerry it was great meeting you and keep us posted on your travels ...we got home to pogasa springs co yesterday...after stopping along the way....glad to here tim got home safe.....jim and nancy
james1 is offline   Reply With Quote