Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Unhappy A Squirrel and 1st RV

In 2014 I bought a 1998 40 Newmar. My first trip was to the lake. When I arrived and was setting it up I was trying to get it leveled perfectly and while making final adjustments I bounced it off of the 6x6 wooden block. So I jumped out of the RV thinking the worst and there was a Squirrel setting on my motorcycle and he appeared to be laughing at me. So when I look at what had happened I see that the plate on the hydraulic jack came off and the shaft was drove at least 2 inches in the asphalt. Knowing my wife was coming up latter I really didn't want her to see this so I went to jump on my motorcycle and was going to grab lunch and get back to work on it. [I figured while grabbing lunch I could Google a way to solve my problem but I was WRONG AGAIN] and it wouldn't start..WTH.. It started when I got here.. So here I am at the lack and I have broken the RV and my only transportation won't run. Anyway I start looking at the motorcycle, because I'm starving and I can't think at this point I see some deer corn around the engine and wiring harness. I was like where in the heck did the deer corn come from then I dawned on me. I have deer corn in my garage at home and I had a mouse problem until I illuminated the mouse but apparently it's home was in my engine compartment. But like I said it was running when I got here..WAIT.. that freaking smiling Squirrel had some how found the corn and chew my wiring harness into. So I made a quick call to a friend who ran by radio shack and picked up some parts I needed and while I waited on him I bled the hydraulic lines so that I could Raise the leveling Jack back up and when he arrived I was able to repair the wiring harness..Yes I had it all finished by the time my wife arrived but that didn't stop my friends from telling her..
lejamjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2016, 05:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejamjr View Post
that didn't stop my friends from telling her..
That reminds me:
A "friend" will tell on you.
A friend will keep quiet.
A good friend will pick you up at the station.
A wonderful friend will bail you out.

But .....
A great friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "Dang, that was fun!"
Sounds like you had the first kind.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lejamjr View Post
In 2014 I bought a 1998 40 Newmar. My first trip was to the lake. When I arrived and was setting it up I was trying to get it leveled perfectly and while making final adjustments I bounced it off of the 6x6 wooden block. So I jumped out of the RV thinking the worst and there was a Squirrel setting on my motorcycle and he appeared to be laughing at me. So when I look at what had happened I see that the plate on the hydraulic jack came off and the shaft was drove at least 2 inches in the asphalt. Knowing my wife was coming up latter I really didn't want her to see this so I went to jump on my motorcycle and was going to grab lunch and get back to work on it. [I figured while grabbing lunch I could Google a way to solve my problem but I was WRONG AGAIN] and it wouldn't start..WTH.. It started when I got here.. So here I am at the lack and I have broken the RV and my only transportation won't run. Anyway I start looking at the motorcycle, because I'm starving and I can't think at this point I see some deer corn around the engine and wiring harness. I was like where in the heck did the deer corn come from then I dawned on me. I have deer corn in my garage at home and I had a mouse problem until I illuminated the mouse but apparently it's home was in my engine compartment. But like I said it was running when I got here..WAIT.. that freaking smiling Squirrel had some how found the corn and chew my wiring harness into. So I made a quick call to a friend who ran by radio shack and picked up some parts I needed and while I waited on him I bled the hydraulic lines so that I could Raise the leveling Jack back up and when he arrived I was able to repair the wiring harness..Yes I had it all finished by the time my wife arrived but that didn't stop my friends from telling her..

Just another day in the life of an RV'er!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

« Politics | Politics »