Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:05 AM   #15

Approved for RV Dump Stations

homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2017, 06:34 AM   #16

can`t make this stuff up

Well the next time you go to a buffet and handle the tongs at each choice of food think about this post, especially the little Jonnies and Susie's that rarely wash there hands after going to the bathroom My wife makes everyone at the table use a hand sanitizer (she carry's every where) after coming back from the food line. I know some Cruise Lines make you go to the hand wash station before you can even enter the dining room at the buffet. I would like to see this at the Golden Coral in our town some of the people there are just.... well you know what I mean.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:41 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Bunny View Post
....Grabbing the connector, he shoved the hose the final few inches, shut the door and wiped the back of his hands on his pants, stood up, fished into his pocket for a handkerchief, blew his nose and put the cloth back in his pocket. .....
And he'll probably outlive all of us.... go figure.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:00 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowboy View Post
3rd rule for a plumber: Don't chew your fingernails.
What are the first 2 rules??
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #19

When I go to the public rest rooms in eating places, I see signs that say "Employees must wash hands", but I can never find an employee to wash mine.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #20

A few years back, I met wife and son at Bennigan's for supper celebrating by wifes' birthday. Just having come from work, I promptly went to bathroom to wash up. While washing the toilet in the stall flushed. Guy walked straight out into restaurant.

I went back to seat, waitress came to take drink order and I asked for manager. When he came I explained the situation and he immediately left. About 5-9 minutes later, the young man that had been in the bathroom was walking out on the sidewalk, looking very frazzled and upset.

Manager came back around and said that he had been fired when he was younger for about the same thing, except he was taking care of the soap and hand towels, and not handling anything. He was walked out as it didn't matter, he did not wash his hands when he left and a customer saw it. Lesson learned.
BandSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:11 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
What are the first 2 rules??
Rule number 1: "stuff" flows downhill.

Rule number 2: payday is on Friday
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:27 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Personally, I don't feel that anything coming out of my black tank could make me sick. I'm the only contributor. I do wear gloves because I don't want my hands to smell like what comes out of the tank and I use less water to wash up after dumping which means I have to dump the tanks less often. It's a vicious cycle but I wouldn't trade my life for one where the toilet contents just disappear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:50 AM   #23

How many people wear gloves when they wipe their Butt?
Old 09-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0LCB View Post
How many people wear gloves when they wipe their Butt?
And, those with children, did you wear rubber gloves when you changed a diaper?

I am more afraid of what has been spilled on the ground around the dump station, than what is coming out of my tanks.

I am a bit of a "germaphobe". If you leave your home, everything is covered with germs... door knobs, shopping carts....
I have learned that when going through life touching door knobs and such; don't pick your teeth, don't pick your nose, and don't rub your eyes, until you wash your hands.
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:25 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We see this happening more often! I do see gloves on, but as mentioned, often going back into their rigs to get beer, water, etc. Sometimes I saw person put a pair of gloves on that they keep in the dump bay? Used over and over? In am amazement, he had them on the entire time he was dumping and buttoning up water, power and cable cords. At the end of this show, he walked over to his neighbor, pealed the gloves off and put them in his pocket to shake his hand. Yikes! I carry a spray bottle of a solution of water and chlorine. Spray hose spigot down and rinse well. I also spray the sewer cap and elec connection panel door. Not sure if it helps but makes me feel better! Oh yea, I also use disposable gloves and yes, dispose them right after use!
chinobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #26

I keep a gallon of bleach water in an old antifreeze jug. I open it as soon as I start the "Photon Torpedo Launch" sequence. I wear gloves.

After all is done I wipe my gloves (HD reusable to prevent cuts to my hands) and hands and arms down with bleach water. I pour some BW onto a rag and drop it into the plastic box I keep our 90 degree adapter in.

I'm not paranoid but I worked in a place where exposure to hepatitis was almost a forgone conclusion. Most of us took the vaccine for it.

Outside of that I am not a germ phobe but i do remain aware of things. I tend to be a slow healer and try to avoid compromising myself.
Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #27

Hooking up water at campsite

Read a story about a dog that relieved himself at a campsite water faucet. The next camper just hooked up his water at his site!! Most dumpsites don't have a trash can for used gloves. DH turns then inside out until we find a trash can. I carry sanitizer in the cab of our truck.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
Rule number 1: "stuff" flows downhill.

Rule number 2: payday is on Friday
Alt Rule 2: When it hits the fan everyone stinks
sleeper125 is offline   Reply With Quote