Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
And now you know!

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the engine of a class A motorhome when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his RV when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a question?" The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working on the motorhome. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So, Doc, look at this engine. I open it up, take the valves out, repair any damage, and then put them back in, and when I finish it works just like new. So how come I'm paid so little compared to you when we're doing basically the same work?" The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over and whispered to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running."
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Remember to dump the black tank!

The slogan of a plumbing business: "A flush beats a full house"
Old 02-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
As they say...

BOOM!
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #4

Good one,
WAY back when I was a newly licensed mechanic and full of energy, I happened to be working on a fellows car that happened to be a doctor.
He was standing around waiting for me to finish the job and we were chatting as I worked.
I said to him, your occupation and mine are a lot alike. To which he replied, How So? I replied, "You get to bury your mistakes, I have to live with mine".
Well, to make a long story short, I learned a Huge lesson in Diplomacy that day.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Good one,
WAY back when I was a newly licensed mechanic and full of energy, I happened to be working on a fellows car that happened to be a doctor.
He was standing around waiting for me to finish the job and we were chatting as I worked.
I said to him, your occupation and mine are a lot alike. To which he replied, How So? I replied, "You get to bury your mistakes, I have to live with mine".
Well, to make a long story short, I learned a Huge lesson in Diplomacy that day.

So much for retaining customers!