Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Another joke on us!

The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, “Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!” Bubba replied, “Did y’all see who it was?”

The young man answered, “I couldn’t tell, but I got the license number.”
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #2

Good joke but sad truth is most people don't know their own tag number and all paperwork is in the glove box!

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Good joke but sad truth is most people don't know their own tag number and all paperwork is in the glove box!
So true so true
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I resemble that remark...

Fortunately my wife keeps up with that stuff...
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #5

It's why I pay a little extra for vanity tags...
Old 12-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #6

Take a photo of your license, insurance and registration. I also have a Ford with the buttons on the outside door and I send my self an email with the codes. So, if I loose my voice iPhone in my truck...
tucsonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
True though this may be I know the license on my car (it is my user name) and on my Motor home, which is not ABC1234.

Also my Social Security and Driver's License Numbers. but there is a reason for that.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:02 AM   #8

I have a very easy time remembering numbers. It's the names that get me. I can remember my DL#, all the addresses we lived at, all family phone #s and family birthdays. DW used to ask me for the info all the time. Back when I met the wife I got the names mixed up and actually got a date with the roommate of the one I wanted. We were married almost 55 great years so it wasn't really a mistake.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a car stolen once while on vacation. When the officer asked if we could prove the car was ours I thought he was nuts. If the thief says it is his, you have to prove it is yours.

Have known my driver's license always, SS#, but now know not only the car license, but make sure I know the items in the trunk which may be the only thing that proves it is yours. Overkill maybe, but I would not know someone else's trunk contents.

How did we prove we owned the car? Kind of didn't matter once they ran his rap sheet. He was wanted in 2 states and for carrying a firearm (he had just been released from prison 2 weeks before so should not be carrying a gun) and was attempting to find his ex so he could kill her.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
I am the same I don't know my plate or DL# and as much as I use it when I camp u think I would remember it
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
We had a car stolen once while on vacation. When the officer asked if we could prove the car was ours I thought he was nuts. If the thief says it is his, you have to prove it is yours.

Have known my driver's license always, SS#, but now know not only the car license, but make sure I know the items in the trunk which may be the only thing that proves it is yours. Overkill maybe, but I would not know someone else's trunk contents.

How did we prove we owned the car? Kind of didn't matter once they ran his rap sheet. He was wanted in 2 states and for carrying a firearm (he had just been released from prison 2 weeks before so should not be carrying a gun) and was attempting to find his ex so he could kill her.
Here in Florida, cargo and utility trailers do not need a title to sell or trade if under a certain weight. So, if a thief gets your trailer and puts a plate on it, you must prove it is yours if ever located/ recovered. I have crawled under my cargo/ bike trailer and my utility trailer with a permanent marker and put my info where I know it is. I can use that to identify my trailer if stolen and located.

Also, just a FYI, to identify your auto if plates are switched, your insurance card (in your wallet) should have your VIN# on it. My Toy Hauler insurance card has it's VIN on it too.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #12

if it has a title in the system then the computer will prove it is yours...