Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great ideas guys. Love the feed back and input on this. The comments on this simply proves what I have always said about ''Motor Hope People''... We have figured out how to ''take it with us''.
You guys will have to hang with me for a while because I will have to get my accounting firm of ''Catchum, Steal and Run'' to figure out exactly whom I owe ten cents for input and good ideas concerning feedback on this idea. When this is accomplished I will be e mailing checks to all concerned. At present my accounting firm is in litigation with the IRS, FBI, HBO, CIA, DAR, and the Sons of the Pioneers but I am sure this will be settled soon so watch your e mail for your check.
Seajay the sailor man
Memorial day is coming HUG A VET AND TELL THEM THANKS FOR THEIR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT NATION .........
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2010, 05:32 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
How about a stairwell to the basement storage so we can retrieve stuff while in motion? It would be much easier than hanging on to the side flappin in the breeze.

Seriously, I think you are on to something Seajay. Maybe if the bed tipped out sideways instead of the long way so the height would be shorter. The only problem I see there is that it would not have much room on one side to make it up.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:55 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
An additional thought on this is that the bed does not need to hinge on the head of the bed. It could hinge on the side.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Class C Winnie had rear slide years ago. About 3 feet extension. Did not become popular.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:01 AM   #19

A sofabed like I have in the livingroom would solve the stowing problem. Not sure what to do with the engine sticking up thru the floor. The other thing would be at my age forgetting the toad is connected and putting the slide into the hood.
Bob
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
How about a stairwell to the basement storage so we can retrieve stuff while in motion? It would be much easier than hanging on to the side flappin in the breeze.

Seriously, I think you are on to something Seajay. Maybe if the bed tipped out sideways instead of the long way so the height would be shorter. The only problem I see there is that it would not have much room on one side to make it up.
That's been done also! Yep, there was a company called SuperBus that turned the basement of an H-345 into a play room and had a stairwell that went down from the living area. It was obviously not for use while in motion but it made a great kids play space or a very private anything room (where you did not want to stand up).
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Seajay..
We hope not to burst your bubble....it is a great idea.....but the Newmar Scottsdale has that floorplan. We saw it about a year ago and just loved the idea! The room has a built-in entertainment center with plenty of surrounding storage and closets, along with 2 rocker chairs opposite the TV. Not sure, but we believe you can travel with the bed up or down.....check it out sometime

We still love the idea!
John & Jan
Old 05-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #22

We were in a Newell coach that had a Murphy bed that stowed in the side wall. When in the stowed mode a large flat screen LCD TV recessed in the bott was visible. Across from the TV was a curved sofa which also had a smaller LCD TV mounted above and behind the couch that could be watched when bed was down. Of course that coach cost lots of $$$$$$$

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srx-6 View Post
I saw this while surfing around a few weeks ago. Seems like a good idea

Tourmaster- Constellation Luxury Class A Motorhome
Everyone needs a theater room.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Seajay, you've got that old Navy ingeniuty. I think they called it something else when I was in the Navy. Your plan would work, if the closet wasn't in the rear like mine. Now all I need is for you to invent something to keep all my clothes on hangers from falling of the bar in the closet when travelling.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajudge View Post
Seajay, you've got that old Navy ingeniuty. I think they called it something else when I was in the Navy. Your plan would work, if the closet wasn't in the rear like mine. Now all I need is for you to invent something to keep all my clothes on hangers from falling of the bar in the closet when travelling.
GLUE, Yep, that is your solution ''Judge'' and you could leave the ''hangers'' in the shoulders of your shirts and it would look like you had ''broad shoulders''....... (I are so ''snart'' sometimes I scare myself).....lol.....
Seajay the sailor man.....
ps you guys gotta remember that I am using reference to a coach like mine. 2000 / 33 foot/ Pace Arrow, rear queen with a ''slide out'' side closet, right side. the ''hide a bed'' thingie is a good idea but I have slept on one of them and after 3 nites you are ready to ''sleep on the floor''..... No matter what..... A three inch matress just dont cut it guys........
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #26

Rear Slide

Rear slides aren't that new. My brother has a 99 Itasca class C and the rear wall slides out with the bed. The bed is sideways and goes out sideways. I don't remember the exact ratio but say the wall goes out two feet the bed moves like 1 1/2 ft. Only problem I can see with it is the inability to tow a car behind it.

2003 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+
Reno-NY is offline   Reply With Quote