Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-02-2022, 02:40 AM   #1

dog breed restrictions

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2022, 11:17 AM   #2

Any breed that would allow you to put on that kind of get up , is gentle enough in my book .

Tried to put a dog coat on our Labrador ; for a three mile snowmobile ride to our mountain cabin ; and got into a tussle with her.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:51 AM   #3

I love that picture of the Pit Poodle...........

Our Border Collie/Lab #78 of energy would let us put rain deer antlers on her, Christmas Wreath around her neck, bandanas around her neck, even wrap her in a large towel.
She loved wearing the Christmas Wreath

Our new rescue ....haa
17# of Hell & Fury
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:01 AM   #4

My daughter had a pit bull. It was the nicest dog ever. It’s all about how it’s raised not the breed.
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Schulz View Post
My daughter had a pit bull. It was the nicest dog ever. It’s all about how it’s raised not the breed.
That is exactly what was said about the two pit bulls that were in the news for killing two toddlers and critically injuring the children’s mother. They were wonderful loving family pets right up to the time they weren’t. Training plays a role but so does genetics. The genetic traits of power, bite force, determination to fight to the death cannot simply be erased by being a good owner/companion.
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigceasar View Post
That is exactly what was said about the two pit bulls that were in the news for killing two toddlers and critically injuring the children’s mother. They were wonderful loving family pets right up to the time they weren’t. Training plays a role but so does genetics. The genetic traits of power, bite force, determination to fight to the death cannot simply be erased by being a good owner/companion.
X2!
Old 10-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
X2!
-X3
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 10:12 AM   #8

There are about 3 breeds of dogs we don't need at an RV park and you likely already know them, with Pit bull at the top!
Old 10-09-2022, 10:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
-X3
X4

This happened near a friend of ours in Florida. It really stuck with me:

Quote:
Middleburg woman killed by her pet pit bulls

Alice Wallace Sun staff writer
Published 5:45 p.m. ET Oct. 2, 2007 Updated 5:45 p.m. ET Oct. 2, 2007
A Middleburg woman died Tuesday after she was attacked by her own pet pit bulls,
according to the Clay County Sheriff's Office.
Tina Marie Canterbury, 42, was fatally attacked by her two pit bulls around 8 a.m. Tuesday, and both dogs were later killed by police when they continued to be aggressive, according to Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Mary Justino.
The attack occurred at Canterbury's home, at 2445 Cosmos Road in Middleburg. Justino reported that the pit bulls apparently attacked the woman while she was alone in the yard, and then once family members came outside and found her injured, the dogs prevented the family from providing aid.
Canterbury's son, Christopher Canterbury, 21, received minor injuries when one of the dogs bit him while he was trying to reach his mother, and a family friend finally scared the dogs away by firing shots from a handgun, Justino reported.
The first deputy to arrive on scene Tuesday shot one of the dogs when it tried to attack him. The other dog remained loose in the neighborhood for about two hours before it was located and killed by Sheriff's Office personnel, Justino reported.
Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said he cannot recall such a severe dog attack in his county in the three years he has been sheriff.
"This is the first one that's happened since I've been sheriff," he said. "It's just such a tragedy to have this happen, and we feel for the family."

Beseler said both of the pit bulls were about 2 years old and had been raised by the Canterbury family since birth. The Sheriff's Office had no information as to what might have caused the dogs to become aggressive Tuesday.
"It's just one of those things where it's the instinct of this breed of dog," he said. "With these types of incidents in the past in other areas of the country, many times it's children or elderly people. But this was a healthy adult woman who couldn't fight the dogs off. It goes to show that even an adult can die from one of these attacks."
RS ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 04:21 PM   #10

It is one thing to read about these dog attacks, but when you see someone first had that has been mauled it is truly a wake up point to this whole issue. I really don't want to hear about how it is the owner, not the dog, that is just part of the problem not the core of it.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS ODonnell View Post
X4

This happened near a friend of ours in Florida. It really stuck with me:

I agree x5
tucsonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:32 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Park insurance companies are working with real settlement numbers on various breeds when they assess the risk to the park and thus their insurer.

Tags
dog