Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:57 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
DWI - Louisiana Style

Only a person in Louisiana could think of this. From the parish where drunk driving is considered a Sport, comes this true story.
Recently a routine Police patrol parked outside a bar in Houma, Louisiana. After last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall in to it. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off--it was a fine, dry summer night--, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons''s vehicles left. At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot , he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.
The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer test. To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!
Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."
"I doubt it," said the truly proud Coonass. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscott4 View Post
Only a person in Louisiana could think of this. From the parish where drunk driving is considered a Sport, comes this true story.
Recently a routine Police patrol parked outside a bar in Houma, Louisiana. After last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall in to it. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off--it was a fine, dry summer night--, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons''s vehicles left. At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot , he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.
The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer test. To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!
Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."
"I doubt it," said the truly proud Coonass. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."
Now that was funny! For the record, I do not condone drunk driving, but this gave me a chuckle.
Crazeee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:30 PM   #3

Old 12-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Cute one.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #5

;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-)) ;-))
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:07 PM   #6

Lol I like it.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:19 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the laugh!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:04 PM   #8

Oh man, I just spit iced tea all over my iPhone!

2012 NuWay HitchHiker 363RSBDA, 2016 Ford F-350 Dually 6.7
Old 12-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #9

Here is a TRUE Louisiana drunk driving story, please forgive me if I get some of the details wrong, this happened I think New Years Y2K , my father was a district judge and this case came before his court. At about 3 am on New Years morning a deputy came across a pickup truck stopped in the middle of a rural parish (county for the rest of you) road near a blind curve, no lights of any kind on blocking the lane and a guy passed out drunk behind the wheel. The guy's defense was he had been on a beer run, and the truck broke down on his way back to the party, and that he did not start drinking until after the truck broke down. He was found guilty under the theory that a person that was not drunk would have taken some effort to either move the truck off the road, turned on hazard flashers, or done some something alert potential traffic to a stalled vehicle ahead.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:35 PM   #10

funny
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #11

I actually know a person who has been convicted on 2 different occasions of DUI while safely parked and the engine shut off. This person was sleeping in the car behind the wheel alone BUT the key was still in the ignition switch. TRUE STORY!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:57 AM   #12

I just got this same story yesterday but it was a Texan that did it. You suppose this could be some kind of Southern Conspiracy?
Old 01-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
I am a retired LEO from a small city in Wisconsin. The drunk driver story reminded me of what happened to us several times while working the night shift. We found this out when one of the party's involved was too loaded to keep his mouth shut.

Knowing that both squads would respond to a fight in progress call, this one bar would put money together to see who would get into a fight right before closing. The fine for drunk driving was $600-700 at the time, and the fine for municipal disorderly conduct was only $78.00. Unfortunately I am sure there were some DUI's that slipped past while we were breaking up the fight.
Jim
Old 01-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #14