Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:31 PM   #1

Engine cooking, what could go wrong ?

We have a jeep run with 15 jeeps attending and a 10 mile drive to the trail head. As we air down one of my friends and just happens to be the trail leader for the day comes over to show me 3 lbs of Pulled Pork wrapped in foil. As we speak he opens his hood and positions it on the engine. He is really into the engine cooking thing. I have tried it with corn dogs and it's not for me.
Somewhere along the way I missed the Gentlemen start your engines part of the Drivers meeting. As we watched the last of the contestants disappear around the first turn I wondered out loud, What the hell is does the winner get.
2 miles later bringing up the Rear, we see a small piece of foil laying in the center of the road. I stop, pick it up and give it the sniff test. HHMM BBQ sauce. We'll I know I'm going the right way, another 1/4 mile down the road there is a large piece of foil in the road. I stop pick it up and smell it, yup BBQ sauce. Foil is warm we must be close. As we round the next turn there are 14 jeeps pulled over to the side with the flashers on. I drive up to the front and there is a line of jeep drivers surrounding the engine. The hood is up and the first thing I notice is long stringing smelly BBQ dripping from the hood , Axle radiator , exhaust. It fell off into the fan and sprayed it all over the engine compartment and broke the fan belt. They ran into town got another belt.
We were finally on the road again, but the smell of the pulled pork on his exhaust was making me ill. As we followed the group I dropped back a mile and I could still smell it. I was turning green. We finally get to the lunch spot
He jumps out of his jeep asks me if I want any for lunch. I thought you were all out of the pork , He laughs and says no he has 3 more pounds, then walks over and opens my hood, where he had stashed his is backup supply. No pulled pork for us...Ever. Since then I have found abandoned corndogs on my engine 2 times.
They have the Engine cookbook on Ebay.
roadrunner 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2021, 01:19 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
With friends like that lol

"the Oilfield PAID me to retire, so I did" :-)
JNSNWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:13 PM   #3

Does he have a solution for Cold Beer?
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:55 AM   #4

None for me.......THANK YOU.
PABO05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:20 AM   #5

Finding an well done nest full of mice under the hood finished engine cooking for me before I even thought about it.
BC Pest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Pest View Post
Finding an well done nest full of mice under the hood finished engine cooking for me before I even thought about it.
Hey, they may leave your wiring alone if they have pork scraps to feed on !
Old 11-01-2021, 09:46 AM   #7

Hmmm. seems an opportunity for some enterprising person to come out with a line of bolt-on cookware designed specifically for motor cooking.

BTW, thanks for stopping to pick up the other guys litter.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 11:54 AM   #8

This was before all the electronics were added to cars rodents were not interested to car wirings jet no interest in damaging cheap equipment.
BC Pest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:34 AM   #9

When doing boat show deliveries our goto meal was a can of Dintymore's beef stew warmed up on top or the engine. Ate it out of the can with a plastic spoon so there were no dishes to wash.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #10

The engine cook book tag line is "130 lip smacking , rib sticking meals" After trying it Lip Smacking doesn't come to mind.
roadrunner 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:59 PM   #11

a guy in Salem Or made a cooker for snowmobiles I had two of them Don't remember the name of them
Old 11-04-2021, 03:56 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
working construction, -5 to 15 degrees Setting some grub wrapped in foil in the excavator engine bay was welcomed.. sometimes you would have to bring extra for operator to save you a spot when there are 25 guys and one or two machines LOL... awe back in the day......
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:25 PM   #13

Burritos on an MSY pa tupe works...

Tags
cooking, engine