Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
For all us "Grandparent" age who are "retarded" or waiting to "retard"..........

After Christmas, a teacher asked her young pupils how they spent their holiday away from school.

One child wrote the following:

We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa. They used to
live in a big brick house, but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida.

Now they live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to look like grass. They ride around on their bicycles and wear name tags because they don't know who they are anymore.

They go to a building called a wrecked center, but they must have got it fixed because it is all okay now, and do exercises there, but they don't do them very well. There is a swimming pool too, but in it, they all jump up and down with hats on.

At their gate, there is a doll house with a little old man sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they sneak out. They go cruising in their golf carts.

Nobody there cooks, they just eat out. And,
they eat the same thing every night: Early Birds.

Some of the people can't get out past the man in the doll house. The ones, who do get out, bring food back to the wrecked center and call it pot luck.

My Grandma says that Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and says I should work hard so I can be retarded someday too.

When I earn my retardment, I want to be the man in the doll house. Then I will let people out
so they can visit their grandchildren.

xx
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
For all us "Grandparent" age who are "retarded" or waiting to "retard"..........

After Christmas, a teacher asked her young pupils how they spent their holiday away from school.

One child wrote the following:

We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa. They used to
live in a big brick house, but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida.

Now they live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to look like grass. They ride around on their bicycles and wear name tags because they don't know who they are anymore.

They go to a building called a wrecked center, but they must have got it fixed because it is all okay now, and do exercises there, but they don't do them very well. There is a swimming pool too, but in it, they all jump up and down with hats on.

At their gate, there is a doll house with a little old man sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they sneak out. They go cruising in their golf carts.

Nobody there cooks, they just eat out. And,
they eat the same thing every night: Early Birds.

Some of the people can't get out past the man in the doll house. The ones, who do get out, bring food back to the wrecked center and call it pot luck.

My Grandma says that Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and says I should work hard so I can be retarded someday too.

When I earn my retardment, I want to be the man in the doll house. Then I will let people out
so they can visit their grandchildren.

xx
Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Speaking of "retarring"

Seems that a lady at a Little Rock claim office was going to retire.

So One of the supervisors called a Wal-Mart and ordered a cake. He told them to write:

"Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that write "We will miss you".

As the picture shows, it didn't quite turn out right. It was too funny not to keep it.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Yes siree. That sounds like the life!

One day we might make to retardum except I've wrecked every bicycle I ever rode.

Thanks for a great story Sandy!

Harry, Socks, and Summer
M2Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Best Wishes Suzanne" underneath that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The customer is always write! Right?

Harry, Socks, and Summer
M2Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Then there are those like us that have Great-Grand-Kids... they look at us like we are from the Stone Age, I guess. Can't relate to us at all.

We are in S Texas for the Winter....

Oh... what time is pot luck?

don
Don in E Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
I remember when I was young, I truly thought anyone in their 50's was O-L-D....I mean OLD! I figured they rode to school on a dinosaur!

Now that I'm in my...uh....late 50's...I don't think I'm old at all!!!

You and Miss Pat have a great "winter" in south Texas! Be safe and hope to see ya'll at the Easter Rally 08 in Corsicana...if you'll be back up in North Texas by then!!!!

luv
Sandy