Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:26 AM   #1

Good for boat launches and rv parks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	368334
tucsonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2022, 09:34 AM   #2

Lol, Years ago I backed a friends 25' or 30' boat trailer in for him to load and before the boat was on the trailer I had 3 people ask me if I could back there's in for them. I would have but that was one of my first times backing in a trailer so I just told them I got lucky and didn't want to push my luck with someone else's stuff.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:50 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go to about the 6 minute mark. The guy who moderates is a jerk so you can keep the volume down.

Old 06-15-2022, 11:53 AM   #4

I returned a UHaul trailer a few years back. They asked if I could back the trailer into a spot they had for it. I did it nice and easy, so easy they asked if I could move 4 other trailers for them. I had the time so I helped.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 11:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
Go to about the 6 minute mark. The guy who moderates is a jerk so you can keep the volume down.

The moderator isn't a jerk, I watch his videos all the time, maybe the boat owner should go to a big parking lot and practice there with cones set up, maybe even watch some youtube videos or take some advice, I totally understand wanting to learn yourself but if you don't know what you are doing wrong, how do you correct it.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 11:40 AM   #6

the local boat ramp is the absolute worst place to learn/practice how to reverse a boat. most people grossly overcorrect when they are first learning and it's hard to watch and even harder when you're waiting in line.
hemifoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 11:55 AM   #7

Go to TikTok and Miami boat ramps for videos.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:01 PM   #8

You are right Puttin, he is a jerk of the highest order. Yelling at people and making fun of them.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:39 AM   #9

What He Said!! A Jerk!
Old 06-21-2022, 08:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
You are right Puttin, he is a jerk of the highest order. Yelling at people and making fun of them.
That driver could not even hear him, and he has walked over and helped many boat owners when they are willing to accept the help, it sounds like this driver didn't want help, he turned it down once already. You posters that are calling him a jerk are watching a few minutes of his content and judging him, he isn't being a jerk. I can watch 10 minutes of your life and come to the conclusion that you are a jerk. My son (he was 7 or 8) once told me something 20 yrs ago, I was driving with him in the truck and got cut off, I said out loud "what an idiot", he turned to me and said "Dad, we can all be idiots". By the way you can watch about 90 seconds of my life and determine I am a jerk. A public boat ramp is not the place to learn how to back a good size boat with a small car.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:32 AM   #11

That other boater offered to help but got turned down. That guy was either drunk or on something. When he got out and kicked the tires and gesticulated strangely there was no doubt. Nobody is that bad.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #12

That boater is lucky he never was able to launch, because for sure he would never have been able to retrieve!

Tags
rv park