Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #1

I'm not a plumber!

True story. I am a newbie at RV'ing. Just got me one of those 1998 King of The Roads. Blew my truck tranny 2nd day out. Can read about it in the "New Member forum" under "Trapped". But hey, that's not all. Just the other day, I could not figure out for the life of me why my kitchen sink is backing up, and oh did it ever smell.

So I went forth with a plunger, that didn't work. So I took the "P Trap" off. Nothing blocking it. So I walked around in and out of my trailer trying to figure out the problem. Called an RV tech, he suggested to take the pipe off to see if the blockage was further down. In which I did. But I made a big mess of things, because now I have a leak under my sink, and the water dripped on my hot water tank set up thingy that prevented the propane from working properly to heat the water.

Frustrated, I went to bed. The next morning I took a cold shower since no hot water. And then I decided to unlock every covey I have on the out side. And there and behold was a 3rd valve for a 3rd holding tank. But not only was there a valve, but outside of the covey read "Waste Water". Pulled the gosh darn valve, and voila. No more sink problems.

But, I had to still call an RV tech out to fix the "OTHER" problems I caused.
Chillin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #2

I'm not a plumber either; but some times I wear the pants.

Do you have any manuals for your K o R, could be some interesting reading. Maybe other members can help you get manuals if you don't have any.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hee hee! Been there done that on a Montana. Keystone put the "Galley" tank pull lever between the driver side wheels of the Montana instead of next to the other valve pulls. Fortunately a good MOC forum site gave the answer.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin65 View Post
But, I had to still call an RV tech out to fix the "OTHER" problems I caused.
No adventure is ever easy, otherwise it would just be another boring day.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Life if full of many "rich" experiences. Another little something to laugh with the grandkids about one of these days.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote