Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Les gendarmes!

This actually happened to an Englishman
in France who was totally drunk.

A French policeman stops the Englishman's car and asks if he has been drinking.
With great difficulty, the Englishman admits that he has been drinking all day, that his daughter got married that morning, and that he drank champagne and a few bottles of wine at the reception, and many single malts scotches thereafter.
Quite upset, the policeman proceeds to alcohol-test (breath test) the Englishman and verifies that he is indeed totally sloshed.
He asks the Englishman if he knows why, under French Law, he is going to be arrested.
The Englishman answers with a bit of humor,
"No sir, I do not! But while we're asking questions, do you realize that this is a British car and that my wife is driving on the other side?"
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Gotcha!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Double Take. I was driving on the German Autobahn. Moving along at a brisk pace I passed a slower moving Jaguar, the driver was reading a newspaper. As he folded it up I realized that it was a right hand drive.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #4

A friend has a right hand drive Mini Cooper. I'd love to borrow it and put my German Shepherd in the passenger seat.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #5

Back in the mid 70's I had a paper route that I delivered with a right hand drive post office van. One day I had my 14 year old son on the left seat rolling papers for me when I was pulled over. The cop went to the left side of the van and demanded to see my son's drivers license. "He's over there" my son informed him while I leaned over the steering wheel and informed the cop that I was "over here".
Cop again demanded to see my son's drivers license. We went through the same routine.
Cop a third time, very belligerently demanded to see my son's drivers license. With that I started laughing. That is when the cop noticed I was leaning on the steering wheel. With a very red face the cop walked to my side. I did not get a ticket that day, just a warning as I think the cop was too embarrassed.
True story.
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #6
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
Back in the mid 70's I had a paper route that I delivered with a right hand drive post office van. One day I had my 14 year old son on the left seat rolling papers for me when I was pulled over. The cop went to the left side of the van and demanded to see my son's drivers license. "He's over there" my son informed him while I leaned over the steering wheel and informed the cop that I was "over here".
Cop again demanded to see my son's drivers license. We went through the same routine.
Cop a third time, very belligerently demanded to see my son's drivers license. With that I started laughing. That is when the cop noticed I was leaning on the steering wheel. With a very red face the cop walked to my side. I did not get a ticket that day, just a warning as I think the cop was too embarrassed.
True story.
Now I am curious. What was the reason for the warning? Did you do something illegal? (I don't think laughing at him was a way to win a new friend, but not illegal.)
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #7

An Olde but Goodie-
American in Paris

Harvey, an elderly American absentmindedly arrived at French immigration at Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris and fumbled for his passport.

'You have been to France before Monsieur?' the official asked in an aggressive tone.

Harvey, smiled and admitted that he had been to France before.

'In that case you should know enough to have your passport ready for inspection,' barked the bad-tempered officer.

Harvey gently informed the man that the last time he came to France he did not have to show his passport or any other documents.

'Pas possible, old man. You Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in 'la belle France.'

Harvey gave the Frenchman a long hard look. 'I assure you, young man, that when I came ashore on Omaha Beach in Normandy on D-Day

in 1944, there was no damned Frenchman on the beach asking for passports.'

I have asked an arrogant french baker to speak English... Since my grandfather was part of the liberation crowd..
Old 12-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
Now I am curious. What was the reason for the warning? Did you do something illegal? (I don't think laughing at him was a way to win a new friend, but not illegal.)
I do not remember the offense, but I do remember that there were some municipalities that were trying to pad their coffers by trumping up charges the same way that some municipalities are being dragged to court over today. Laughing at him broke the tension of a over zealous cop.
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #9

those are funny
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote