Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
Community Administrator

Let the discipline begin

. A good education story.... let the discipline begin ... A former Sergeant, having served his time with the Marine Corps, took a new job as a school teacher, but just before the school year started he injured his back. He was required to wear a plaster cast around the upper part of his body. Fortunately, the cast fit under his shirt and wasn't noticeable. On the first day of class, he found himself assigned to the toughest students in the school. The smart aleck punks, having already heard the new teacher was a former Marine, were leery of him and decided to see how tough he really was, before trying any pranks. Walking confidently into the rowdy classroom, the new teacher opened the window wide and sat down at his desk. When a strong breeze made his tie flap, he picked up a stapler and promptly stapled the tie to his chest. .....Dead silence... He had no trouble with discipline that year. SEMPER FI!!

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
ha ha ha....Now that was a good one. I passed it on to a friend..also a retired Marine.
Thanks.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
OK, few of these things make me laugh out loud. This one did.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:43 AM   #4

That one made me laugh out loud, and this is the third time I read it. I love it.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
USMC Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
. ...the new teacher opened the window wide and sat down at his desk. When a strong breeze made his tie flap, he picked up a stapler and promptly stapled the tie to his chest.
Judging from some of my Marine buddies, the story might've been short in its original version, ie just what appears above!
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:42 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Reminds me of a t-shirt that I saw while on vacation. " YOU CAN'T SCARE ME...I'M A TEACHER! " Yes I'm a teacher and yes I bought the t-shirt!

Dan
Old 07-28-2011, 06:28 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
"The Weather Channel" (same stuff as on the internet)
"Yelp!" (find local places, like restaurants, stores, car repair, with ratings from users)
"Movies" (rotten tomatoes ratings plus listings of all show times for local theaters, with phone numbers and directions and ability to buy a ticket)
"Lookout" (screens all apps for viruses, tracks your phone, allows you to send an "screech" to your phone from any computer to locate it, allows you to disable phone remotely if lost/stolen for security)
"Color Flashlight" (not a strong beam but when we eat in dimly lit restaurants and can't read the menu, we use this all the time)
"DirectTV" (can remotely set to record programs at home)
"Camp and RV" by Allstays (can search for nearby places to stay by category: KOA, national park, county park, dry camp, Walmar, etc. Very useful to us RVer's).
Old 07-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Jaime View Post
"The Weather Channel" (same stuff as on the internet)
"Yelp!" (find local places, like restaurants, stores, car repair, with ratings from users)
"Movies" (rotten tomatoes ratings plus listings of all show times for local theaters, with phone numbers and directions and ability to buy a ticket)
"Lookout" (screens all apps for viruses, tracks your phone, allows you to send an "screech" to your phone from any computer to locate it, allows you to disable phone remotely if lost/stolen for security)
"Color Flashlight" (not a strong beam but when we eat in dimly lit restaurants and can't read the menu, we use this all the time)
"DirectTV" (can remotely set to record programs at home)
"Camp and RV" by Allstays (can search for nearby places to stay by category: KOA, national park, county park, dry camp, Walmar, etc. Very useful to us RVer's).

Informative for those who have smart phones, but not very humorous.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
. A good education story.... let the discipline begin ... A former Sergeant, having served his time with the Marine Corps, took a new job as a school teacher, but just before the school year started he injured his back. He was required to wear a plaster cast around the upper part of his body. Fortunately, the cast fit under his shirt and wasn't noticeable. On the first day of class, he found himself assigned to the toughest students in the school. The smart aleck punks, having already heard the new teacher was a former Marine, were leery of him and decided to see how tough he really was, before trying any pranks. Walking confidently into the rowdy classroom, the new teacher opened the window wide and sat down at his desk. When a strong breeze made his tie flap, he picked up a stapler and promptly stapled the tie to his chest. .....Dead silence... He had no trouble with discipline that year. SEMPER FI!!

A true case of OLD Age and Treachery, plus clear thought.