Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Porcelain dolls....

A couple years ago we were out in San Francisco doing the tourist thing for a week or so. We were camped across the bay from San Quentin and not too far from the Golden Gate bridge. Each day we would take the ferry over to San Fran and go looking around. We rode the cable cars, did fisherman's worf and generally did the town. On next to our last day we decided to take the truck over for a good look around and see the things that we missed on the tours and the trollies. We sat the campground for ''Home'' on the GPS and filled the tank and headed for parts unknown in ''Frisco''.
We got a map and went up to the hill with the big tower on top for a look around and went down to ''China Town'' for some ''mystery stew'' of some kind. We took the boat over to Alcatraz. We rode the hills up and down and wore out the breaks on the truck. We went over to see the ''Painted Ladies'' and had a good time. We finally decided to find that ''really crooked street'' and go for a ride on it. It is named ''Lumbago Drive'' or something like that I think. We rambled around till we found the ''top'' and drove down it like all the other tourist were doing. At the bottom of the hill you can park and take pix back up the hill. I found a spot and pulled in for pix..
I took several pix of Willa and some guy took our camera and made us a picture of the two of us looking up the hill. I kinda wandered around looking and shooting pix when I noticed probably ten lovely ladies. They were obviously Chinese or Japanese and they looked like a gathering of fine porcelain dolls. Each was immaculately dressed with beautiful black hair and very dark eyes. They all had a picture perfect smile and they all seemed to talk at the same time in a language I didnt understand. All of them, save one, were standing on a low wall and the odd girl out was making their picture. Being generous and a little curious for a closer look I walked over and told the girl that I would be glad to take the picture for her so she could be in the shot with her friends. I am sure she had no idea what I said but sign language goes a long way sometimes. She smiled and jabbered something and joined her friends and they all giggled. I took the picture and offered the camera back to her and she smiled and ''pointed down'' at my feet.
There was a pile of digital cameras, one for each person in the group. They all giggled again and then composed themselves as I picked up each camera in turn and took two shots for good measure. Between shots they would talk among themselves and they kept urging the first girl forward after I finished taking all the camera shots. Finally this young lady came forward with the group and each picked up their camera and everyone backed away and this one porcelain doll approached me. She lowered her eyes and then looked at me and said.
''Sank you much for help us''
''You are big man wis good heart''
''May you rive rong rong time''
She stepped up to me and stood on her tip toes and took my face in her hands she kissed me on the cheek and a dozen cameras got the shot. ….. A tremendous giggle came from them as they hopped into a tour van and disappeared down the hill. They all waved as they went out of sight and Willa finally found me and asked ''who's lipstick I had on my cheek''?
''Oh, no ones, I got that from a Porcelain Doll from China or Japan or some where.'' …....
I will say this here and now. These were the prettiest oriental ladies I have ever seen. Perfect teeth and perfectly formed features and eyes that you could get lost in. Beautiful black hair and none of them weighed a hundred and five pounds I bet. Their average height was maybe five one and I seriously doubt that any of them was over 20 years old.
So it went in Frisco, wandering around just lookin'.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Seajay: Ahhhhh, life's moments and memories. Thanks again for the story.

Steve