RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RV'ing Snowbirds and SongBirds together in Snow storm.

Being from Florida I'm not much for driving in the snow let alone pushing through in a Motorhome. Most folks know Florida is not well known for high cliffs and it's mountains as there are none.

All Visitors to Florida are welcome Snowbird or not. In fact, the only true Florida Mountains you will see are along the Florida Beaches called Condominiums and the Snowbirds living in what we refer to as "Cliff Dwellers"

Having Family in UT we wanted to visit them all this thanksgiving and arrived before any snowfall and pulled into a wonderful RV Park with some drives up onto the side of a hill. Pulling into the RV site we could look over the tops of the other Motorhomes below. Sweet and a little worried about pending bad weather reports. Having never really seen a lot of snow I was a bit interested and soon learned that folks in the North referred to Southern visitors as "SongBirds". Well, I had to ask why SongBirds? The answer was when we go south were called SnowBirds and coming North because we never stop chattering about the wondered whether Florida has, always "Singing about the weather" (SongBird) funny I thought.

Late the night after Thanksgiving we had made it back to the RV before Snowfall. asking myself well I'm stuck but how bad could it be. The Generator I had started and checked over should my 50-AMP or power be lost. Like in our Florida Thunderstorms. We turned out the lights about 10-PM and everything was so quiet. The heater came on once and never came on again. At 1-AM I was not going to worry about it. At 5-AM I heard what sounded like a heard of deer running over the top of my RV. After the wind noise started and the coffee maker went on at 7-AM. Laying in bed I could not believe it was 7-Am checking my watch as I'm up by 6-AM most days. But it was so nice and had been so quiet during the night.

I was up and dressed and started out the door for a morning walk. When I opened the door all I could see was snow and it was White everywhere, looking down the side of the Hill I thought all the RV'ers had left before the first snowfall as the RV park below me was completely empty. Stepping outside I could see that the snow was very deep so I put on my new snowshoes and began to walk in the snow for the first time in my life.

Just ahead of me laying on top of the snow was a women's hat. I walked over I looked around for the women and saw no one. Picking up the hat was a woman's head under the hat.

OMG, I called out to her are you okay? She replied YES, I asked her if she had fallen in the snow. No, she replied, we were driving out of the RV park when the snowfall came in. Lady, I said where is your husband? She informed me that he was standing on top of there Motorhome and she was seating on his shoulders.

"CAMPFIRE JOKE"
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #2

Now that is deep snow!

Kind of reminds me of having to carry my brothers on my shoulders when walking to school in a little snow. My youngest brother was on top and he would yell out directions to the brother below him and he would relay them to me so I could walk in the proper direction.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Now that is deep snow!

Kind of reminds me of having to carry my brothers on my shoulders when walking to school in a little snow. My youngest brother was on top and he would yell out directions to the brother below him and he would relay them to me so I could walk in the proper direction.
That's funny, whatever works. I was into and out of Washington D.C and UT, a few times was amazed how the show was like a big blanket coving everything below.

I truly do not know how you folks do it. I'm still trying to understand all the Global warming stuff as Greenland is covered in ice and snow all year long, and yet its called Greenland?
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:31 PM   #4

Thumbs up

And Iceland is green.
R Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You had me going on that one!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving