Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:05 AM   #1

Shop Tools and the "Real" reason they were made

SKILL SAW :
A portable cutting tool used to make boards too short...

BELT SANDER :

An electric sanding tool commonly used to covert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs....

WIRE WHEEL :

Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, '[ moderator edit ] . Will easily wind a tee shirt off your back....

DRILL PRESS :

A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it....

CHANNEL LOCKS :

Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters....

HACKSAW :

One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes....

VISE-GRIPS :

Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand....

OXYACETYLENE TORCH :

Used almost entirely for igniting various flammable objects in your shop and creating a fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race....

TABLE SAW :

A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity. Very effective for digit removal!!

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK :

Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper....

BAND SAW :

A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut large pieces into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge. Also excels at amputations....

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST :

A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of all the crap you forgot to disconnect....

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER :

Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads....

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER :

A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms....

PRY BAR :

A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part....

PVC PIPE CUTTER :

A tool used to make plastic pipe too short....

HAMMER :

Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent to the object you are trying to hit. Also very effective at fingernail removal....

UTILITY KNIFE :

Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door. Works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use. These can also be used to initiate a trip to the emergency room so a doctor can sew up the damage....

SON OF A BITCH TOOL :

Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'Son of a bitch' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need....
Ed-Helen pns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2017, 06:15 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you. not only is that list all too true. But I like to start the day with a good laugh and this one had me setting my coffee cup down least I spill it.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:29 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Amazingly, I have all of those tools, especially the last one.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:38 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Oh man, this is a good one!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:00 AM   #5

Thank You for the laugh. I haven't laughed that hard in a while, because it has all happened to me at one time or another. I even had the DW laughing so hard she was crying.

Thanks again.
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:11 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Great laugh of the day for me so thanks!

ClayTone
Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Clay & Marcy
2004 Winnebago Adv. G35U
, 1995 Tracker Toad, RVI3, eeZRV, Garmin RV 770 LMT-S, Viair
CEParosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:47 PM   #7

...so true, it hurts...literally. :0)
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:52 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
got all of those
Old 01-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #9

I got them all but any one of them can qualify as the last one, at least in my shop they do.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:10 PM   #10

Thank you very much for the laughs. You had me wiping my eyes more than once. I can relate to every one of those. Years ago I had a corded drill that had a cord that plugged into the bottom of the handle with a retaining ring you turned to keep it from coming out. Of course the retaining ring got to where it wouldn't hold so it turned into that tool that was at the end of your list. Broke the handle clear off the drill on impact. That incident came back to mind instantly while reading your post. Again, thank you for the many laughs.

Dave
Woodman018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just because I'm out in the garage swearing doesn't mean I'm not having a good time.

Keep in mind....."Pound to fit, paint to match."
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:38 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
So you're telling me I've been using my tools wrong all these years?
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #13

As much of your list I can - unfortunately - personally relate to, I think I like this one the best "SON OF A BITCH TOOL :

Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'Son of a bitch' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need...." And then can't find the damn thing!!!!
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #14

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sadly, I only have 1 tool -- the last one, but I have it in every color, shape and size ever made. I keep buying more hoping one will work as advertised. Is that the true definition of insanity?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote