Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 AM   #15

Had to watch who you dated--she might be a relative!!
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I grew up in a small town, but now live near DC. Still have family back in South Dakota. When my oldest daughter was about 10, she visited her cousins. They walked up town to the grocery store and bought some candy. When my daughter got to the check out counter, the clerk said "Cristine, I haven't seen you since you were only two or three years old!" My daughter had no idea who this person was and must have gotten a strange look on her face. Her cousin said "Relax, she's my aunt. Of course she knows you're visiting."
mriderLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
I was a small town compared to a city. 1949 we all left our front and back doors open. everybody knew everybody's business. All the names of our neighbors had at least three vowels and ended in a vowel in every street within three blocks. the main streets still had cobble stone and trolley tracks and the old barge run with the tow path was still in place.
We carried our 22 rifle over our shoulder as we rode our bike to the local shootin pit. the local foundry was still making 20 mm shell casing and the RR still was running steam engines. 10 year old children were able to roller skate on the road with our clip on skates and never feared for our lives. WE walked to church and to school - of course up hill both ways and climbed over snow bank and play in piles of Autumn leaves on the road before our dad burned them. civil defense and the ground observer corps was a way of life as was crouching under our desk at school or hiding in the hall way bend over ready to kiss the world goodbye.

people also had time to enjoy one another back then - why are we so fast now - What was your name - I forgot it already. Oh Well >>>>> none of that exist today.
Yours was the one that flooded my mind with memories.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:58 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The X has been married three times and still has the same last name.
The family tree looks like a telephone pole.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:47 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
My town was too small to have a town drunk, so we all took turns!
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
I grew up in a small town that had no traffic lights, but did have a railroad crossing with warning lights. The only "fast food" available was a highway corner where an old man sold boiled peanuts from an old black kettle with a fire under it. There was an "Impeach Earl Warren" sign on a tree behind the peanut stand. I never did remember who that was.
That same corner today has every fast food joint known to man within a half mile. I wish it were still vacant.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #21

Howdy!

I saw this one a sign in a small town in Texas hill country, "If your in a hurry, go to Houston".

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow

« Aging | Say what? »