RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That Strudel is to die for!

Moishe has been lying ill for weeks. A few days ago he slipped into a coma, and everyone feared the worst. The family is called. The son from Miami. The daughter from Bridgewater. The aunts. The uncles. All sit waiting for the end.
Suddenly a miracle! Moishe opens his eyes. Weakly he motions for his son to approach so he can hear talk to him. Moishe is weak from the illness and so his voice is very faint as he says, "I've been ill?" "Yes, papa," replies the son with tears choking his voice, "very ill."
The papa nods and speaks again. "I had a dream. I was nearing death when I suddenly smelled the aroma of your mother's apple strudel. I love that strudel. As wonderful a cook as my Sadie is, that strudel is her masterpiece." He lays back against the pillow, weak from the exertion of speaking.
"What a wonderful dream, papa. But the smell is real. Mama just took the strudel out of the oven to cool." "A miracle!" cries Moishe as he tries to rise, and weakly falls against the pillows. He turns to his son and says, "I'm still too weak to get up. Go to the kitchen and get for me a piece of Sadie's strudel."
The son obediently rises and leaves the room to fulfill his father's request, only to return a few moments later empty handed. He sits again by his father's side.
Moishe looks at him and says, "Nu? Where is the strudel?"
The son replies, "I'm sorry, papa. Mama says it's for AFTER the funeral!"
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #2

Benny Hill sketch from decades ago:

Family patriarch lying on his bed, surrounded by family. Dad has a "spell" and one of the kids says, "call a doctor!". His brother says "no, call the undertaker." Dad sits up and questions why the undertaker. Son replies "dad, you always told us to cut out the middle man!"
Old 09-20-2020, 01:29 PM   #3

Needed the laughs, thanks
Old 09-20-2020, 07:51 PM   #4

It's a good thing you didn't mention Covid-19 in this humorous thread about death! If you had, it would have been deleted!
Old 09-21-2020, 09:35 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote