Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:10 AM   #1

I recently pulled out of the Dealership where I bought my Newmar Mountain Aire (05)Spartan Chassis to head home after getting some Warranty work done and some parts ordered. Coming out of the dealership parking lot and turning left/North is a quick 90 degree turn because of all the traffic. About 10-15 miles down the road my cell phone rang. I answered it and on the other end was a mechanic from the dealership asking me to pull over and check to see if his cordless drill was still on the top of my coach where he left it. My response was that he needed to go look in the street as if it had been left on the top it more than likely came off out of the parking lot because of the hard left turn and was laying out in the street! I also told him that I did not have a ladder to get on the roof but that I would check it when I got home, about 100 miles.
I started thinking that maybe I should check up top when I got home because if it had been on the roof and come off, it may have damaged vents, antenna's or whatever. So, when I got home I got out my ladder and climbed up to view the top of my coach. Imagine my suprise, there sitting about 18 inches from the edge of the coach was the cordless drill and two screws!!!!
Hard to believe that drill road on the top of my coach 100 miles with two screws beside it!! Of course who knows how many screws were actually left on top!
Robert M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2007, 04:10 AM   #2

I recently pulled out of the Dealership where I bought my Newmar Mountain Aire (05)Spartan Chassis to head home after getting some Warranty work done and some parts ordered. Coming out of the dealership parking lot and turning left/North is a quick 90 degree turn because of all the traffic. About 10-15 miles down the road my cell phone rang. I answered it and on the other end was a mechanic from the dealership asking me to pull over and check to see if his cordless drill was still on the top of my coach where he left it. My response was that he needed to go look in the street as if it had been left on the top it more than likely came off out of the parking lot because of the hard left turn and was laying out in the street! I also told him that I did not have a ladder to get on the roof but that I would check it when I got home, about 100 miles.
I started thinking that maybe I should check up top when I got home because if it had been on the roof and come off, it may have damaged vents, antenna's or whatever. So, when I got home I got out my ladder and climbed up to view the top of my coach. Imagine my suprise, there sitting about 18 inches from the edge of the coach was the cordless drill and two screws!!!!
Hard to believe that drill road on the top of my coach 100 miles with two screws beside it!! Of course who knows how many screws were actually left on top!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:53 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is AMAZING!
Did you get back in touch with the mechanic and let him know that you found it when you got home?

Glenn
Old 06-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #4

Someday you will get a screw in your tire!!
Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #5

I called back and the Service Manager told me not to make a special trip to bring it back since he is the one that forgot it. So, one of these days when I head back that way I'll take it with me.

Yep, I'm sure any of those screws that came off in the roadway will wind up in a tire, most likely mine!!
Old 06-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #6

Last year in newburg ny at a stoplight,I looked down and saw an open jewelry box on top of the car beside me.I beeped and got the passengers attention and told her,she looks up nat me and says it must have been on her car since she left home.I have done it with a cup of coffee and a can of car wax

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #7

I pulled in the local service station down the road the other morning to see a guy getting in his car and shutting the door, brake lights came on, there was a cup of coffee on the top of the car!! I walked over and he rolled down the window and I asked him if he had forgotten something!!! "Thank you", "Thank you" he said. I expect we have all left something on our vehicles at one time or another.

Robert M
Old 06-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #8

I was taking a coffee cake to Church on a Sun. morn for the bake sale. The 2 kids had been giving me a problem and as we were going down the road my son says "Daddy, the coffee cake just went past the window". The coffee cake never made the bake sale but we still have the pan it was in at the time. Every time my wife uses it she reminds me of what I did. That was about 37 years ago.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We were headed to Maine for vacation. We stopped at one of these boot drop places. George took out his wallet and gave them some cash. When we arrived at the campground and went to pay, he couldn't find his wallet. We tore our van apart, we tore the camper apart and could not find it. We called home to the house sitter to start cancelling credit cards and she told us the police in that town had called. Someone had found the wallett on the ground and brought it to the police station. Saved our vacation, because we were just starting out. There are still some honest people in the world.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #10

Great real life stories!!!!! I'm going to tell you this one told to me by a friend I have just recently got to join FMCA. OK, his income for about 15-20 years was to fly a crop duster airplane. Now you may not believe this story but I do. He and an employee had been working on his airplane between spraying loads. His employee used a wrench to tighten a bolt on the sprayer rig and put the wrench down right beside the fuselage. My friend got in the plane, flew to the field he had to spray, emptied his load on the field and returned to his landing strip. When he exited the cockpit he almost stepped on the wrench, still laying there where his employee had placed it!! He says the area where the wing meets the fuselage is a dead air space, at least that is his explanation of why the wrench stayed there and that his moves when spraying are lazy turns!!

Robert M
Old 06-22-2007, 05:21 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lynnvt:
***snip*** There are still some honest people in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since modern media gets no "razzle-dazzle, shock, sky-is-falling" value from reporting anything such as this, we just don't hear about it ---- BUT, I believe MOST of society still is inclined to do the right thing.

Seems media is into this "let's celebrate tragedy" stuff.

There's still lots of good out among us
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #12

I left a small pipe wrench on the roof of my Mustang once and made it from Lakewood to downtown Denver then the truck next to me honked and pointed. I open the window and reached up and next to the luggage rack it was still there. Still like using that little wrench, must be why once in a while I will find tools along the edge of the road.