Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #15

Seajay,
I clicked on the link to your story, and began reading. About two sentences in I began to relax back in my chair and sip my coffee. Your descriptive words, and the way you formed your sentences reminded me of a good book.

Just curious, but have you ever thought about writing a novel?
Visinedrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2010, 04:58 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Many thanks for your kind words concerning my post. One thing I wish to express now and it is true as I swear it on my life.
This actually happened to me. This was as real as life or death and in my minds eye it unfolded like a movie in my mind. I actually sat and watched and felt and in my spirit that I was there and this happened as I wrote it. The only ''unreal'' thing is that I was a damn yankee instead of a rebel. Must have been influenced by where I was setting atop Little Round Top instead of charging up toward the breast works of the cannon with the Rebs.
This is gonna sound weird to some of you but a lot of my posts about what I have done and seen ''actually happen to me''. The thing up on Muncho Lake on the Alaska highway actually happened to me. I truly felt that God was standing behind me, maybe two feet away. It was as real as life and none of it is fiction as I see it. The posts about Taylor Park out in Colorado are ''real happenings'' as I remember them. The ''Sea Stories'' were real happenings as best I remember them from some fifty years ago while I served in the U.S. Navy. I will be the first to admit that I will take a poets liberty in some stories like the ''cook outs'' and some of the ''fishing stories'' but they were based on actual happenings in our travels in the coach. We all do that in our writings to keep them from being boring as ''heck''. (hard for an old sailor to say ''HECK'')
A few of you guys have suggested that I write a book or a novel.........lol....... you gotta be kidding me...... If it were not for ''spell check'' you guys couldn't read my junk.
I will confess this........... In my life I have had many strange things happen to me. Some in my waking dreams and some in my ''self hypnosis''(?) situations like the one above but all are as real as life to me. Some, I don't print for fear that I might be approached by the men in the white jackets with ''soft words'' and the ''net'' hidden behind them.
I will suggest this to each person reading this post. Try this. Go out alone, find a quiet place, close your eyes, relax, let your mind walk thru the situation or place you are in. Become a part of nature and let God hold your hand and show you the wonders of your mind when you set your mind free. Try it...........You may be surprised at what you see.........after all...... Are we butterflies dreaming we are men or MEN DREAMING WE ARE BUTTERFLIES..... (that old Chinese guy ''Confusion'' said that)
Anyhow, thanks again for your kind word regarding my posts..........

Seajay the sailor man..........
God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe
God bless our vets …....ALL GAVE SOME …. SOME GAVE ALL
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:01 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was there twice, 1st time was with my parents, it was then I grew up to have the need to learn more about the sad time of our country. later I happen to be station at Ft. Picket in the late 70's and had a chance to go back there. both times were unbelievable. I am planning to go back in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to express your feelings to us, as it was great.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I experienced the same feelings at Custer Nat'l Park. Man - you could feel those Sioux crawling up the ravine after the scalps. 'Course you couldn't blame them either.
Really sad when two cultures clash that way.
Thanks for the stories..Or true life experiences- either or they're very enjoyable.
Safe Journeys...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hallowed ground! Be sure to see the Diorama at the Artillery Ridge CG. If you stay at the CG the Diorama is free. Then, when you take the tour you will be more enlightened on the enormous losses, battles, and the brave people of both sides fighting for what they though right.

To think of how they fought, walking in line, up a hill, and volley after volley of musket balls raining down on them. The bravery of those men. Wow!
Just fyi Wayne, they have moved the Diorama from the campground to the museum downtown but it's still free if you stay at Artillery Ridge.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Might I suggest a published book of short essays. You do have a knack for keeping ones' interest level quite high.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Seajay, I agree with all, you should write! I was in awe while reading your post, of course the 'post heading' was a little misleading.
As to 'getting up early' , I love a sunrise as much as a sunset !
Stay blessed !

me & slowpoke (USMC)

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote