Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Campground Operators
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2003, 06:00 PM   #1

Hello there. I would like to hear from any campground and/or owner that has had a music festival on their grounds.
We are considering having a bluegrass weekend and would like to know what it all involves. I did attend one put on by the promoter interested in our campground and it was very nice. The rules are "no drinking, no profane language". The group was made up of a wide range of ages and all were very well behaved.
If you have ever hosted an event, please e-mail me and let me know how this was organized and the pros and cons. The e-mail address is: camp@frog-hollow.com.

Thank you,
Beth

Beth and Larry
2001 Trail Lite 8263S
Living the good life as our own bosses!

www.frog-hollow.com
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2003, 06:00 PM   #2

Hello there. I would like to hear from any campground and/or owner that has had a music festival on their grounds.
We are considering having a bluegrass weekend and would like to know what it all involves. I did attend one put on by the promoter interested in our campground and it was very nice. The rules are "no drinking, no profane language". The group was made up of a wide range of ages and all were very well behaved.
If you have ever hosted an event, please e-mail me and let me know how this was organized and the pros and cons. The e-mail address is: camp@frog-hollow.com.

Thank you,
Beth

Beth and Larry
2001 Trail Lite 8263S

www.frog-hollow.com
Old 08-12-2003, 03:43 AM   #3

Granite Hill Campground in Gettysburg PA has a bluegrass festival every year in Aug/Sept. We have never gone, but we went to see the campground after it was over....there were ruts everywhere (it rained) there was lots of trash thrown around although there were trash barrels. The place looked like a dump. It's up to you....but if it gets a BIG RESPONSE you'll have plenty to worry about. IMHO

Sue <><
DH (Larry)
2 Boxers, Duke & Dutchess
2001 36' Allegro Bay
1999 F 150 toad
Brake Buddy

DH (Larry) <><
Old 08-12-2003, 08:53 AM   #4

None of the campgrounds I have worked for had one of these, but I would like to ask some questions. Will you be doing all the advertising plus pay a fee to the entertainers? Or will the entertainers get a percentage of the camping fees and do all the advertising?

See who I am:

http://pages.ivillage.com/workersonthego/

Old 08-12-2003, 08:58 AM   #5

I attend as many of the festivals here as I can.

http://www.dadecity.com/sertoma/index.html#top

You might contact the promoters and ask them about it.
I have never seen Bluegass people trash the campground.

98 Winnebago Adventurer 30WQ P30 V7400
Check out the Florida Boomers!

Check out the Florida Boomers!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:06 PM   #6

To ClassAct:
Those are some of the same questions that I have. I have spoken with the promoter and it is my understanding that we will sell the ads and keep the profit after printing costs. Any profit made by serving food put on by the campground would also be ours. The camping fees are also ours, and would be at a reduced rate.
I am not sure yet if the performers fees come out of the ticket price or how that works, I am waiting for more information.
I am hoping to hear from someone who has information for me from previously hosting an outside affair.

Beth and Larry
2001 Trail Lite 8263S

www.frog-hollow.com