Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2018, 08:04 PM   #1

1000 Trails Membership Changes?

Got a call today to set up a phone/internet session one-on-one with a 1000 Trails "membership counselor" to discuss changes to the 1000 Trails Membership structure. Caller had no details - just setting up appointments. Anybody else getting calls? Any idea what's coming down? We won't be able to get our one-on-one before mid-December, but we are really curious what they're pitching.
aslaksonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Are you a TT member? In this day & age of spammers, I would call TT directly to ask about the call you received. Also, if you have caller ID on your phone, you could redial the number to see where it goes.

Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #3

I've never got a call from TT. Don't fall for it. There are independents who try to up sell you. They don't work for TT.
Bill 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:22 PM   #4

Found this (older) vid out there. Maybe it's explained in it?
Just a guess. I know zip about Thousand Trails campground, except that there's one across the river from me in Michigan. Looked OK when we did a quick recon drive by last year.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslaksonal View Post
Got a call today to set up a phone/internet session one-on-one with a 1000 Trails "membership counselor" to discuss changes to the 1000 Trails Membership structure. Caller had no details - just setting up appointments. Anybody else getting calls? Any idea what's coming down? We won't be able to get our one-on-one before mid-December, but we are really curious what they're pitching.
Guessing you're a Camping Pass/Zone Pass member, right?

Roger
Old 11-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #6
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the Zone Pass and six or so months ago I was getting calls. I ignored them for a while but the caller always left a message. After about three messages I called and yes she was very evasive on what it was and she was just scheduling call backs.

I think I scheduled a call but then ignored it when they called. No message and never heard anything since.

I never doubted that it was a legitimate call from TT, but then who knows.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Are you a TT member? In this day & age of spammers, I would call TT directly to ask about the call you received. Also, if you have caller ID on your phone, you could redial the number to see where it goes.

Lori-

We are 1000 Trails members. We have an Elite class membership - far as I know, there's no way to improve on that, unless they've decided to open up some of the Encore parks. And even then we'd not be interested - with one exception, there isn't an Encore park on the west coast we'd be interested in spending time at. And I'm reasonably sure the call was legit - the number was one that 1000 Trails has used before (at least according to my phone's memory).
Old 11-14-2018, 06:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes, I got a call from a TT rep to set up an on line conference call......and yes we are TT members since 2007. The call was to see if there was any questions as to our current membership that could be upgraded. I did not sign on, but if I was interested in an upgrade, this would have been a good venue.
We are in the final years of Rv'ing and TT have served us well.....perhaps when we sell our membership, someone else can benefit from what we have enjoyed at a very reasonable rate per nite.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:44 AM   #9

Quote:
We are 1000 Trails members. We have an Elite class membership - far as I know, there's no way to improve on that, unless they've decided to open up some of the Encore parks. And even then we'd not be interested - with one exception, there isn't an Encore park on the west coast we'd be interested in spending time at. And I'm reasonably sure the call was legit - the number was one that 1000 Trails has used before (at least according to my phone's memory).
They have a Trails Collection for $99 per year (buy it on your normal renewal date, as that's when it expires), which opens all the Encore Parks to TT members.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill 3rd View Post
They have a Trails Collection for $99 per year (buy it on your normal renewal date, as that's when it expires), which opens all the Encore Parks to TT members.
Unless something has changed in the last 30 seconds since I checked this on their website, the Trails Collection add-on is $199/year.

It's interesting language, because the Trails Collection lists a little over 100 specific locations that are included. Interestingly, there are a little over 100 Encore locations. Note that even with the Trails Collection you still get the privilege of paying $$$ at some high-demand locations. One subtle advantage of the Trails Collection for Camping Pass/Zone Pass members, the locations are not limited to your zones - they're nationwide.

You got the part about the renewal date right; it expires on your annual renewal date. Doesn't make sense to buy it any other time.

I called them a while back for additional info on the Trails Collection. It seems that they have allocated a specific/limited number of sites at each location for Trails Collection members. I also heard an *unconfirmed* story that a very popular Encore location very close to me is only making water/electric sites available - no sewer. Good luck getting any official confirmation of that, though.

I'm still thinking about it, though it *could* save me a couple hundred $$$ on our annual trip to Maine. We usually stay at a KOA up there.

Roger
Old 11-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill 3rd View Post
We looked at the Trails Collection when it first came out, but the clause that says when you stay at one of the Encore parks, you then have to stay out of any 1000 Trails park for at least 7 days turned us off.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Unless something has changed in the last 30 seconds since I checked this on their website, the Trails Collection add-on is $199/year.

It's interesting language, because the Trails Collection lists a little over 100 specific locations that are included. Interestingly, there are a little over 100 Encore locations. Note that even with the Trails Collection you still get the privilege of paying $$$ at some high-demand locations. One subtle advantage of the Trails Collection for Camping Pass/Zone Pass members, the locations are not limited to your zones - they're nationwide.

You got the part about the renewal date right; it expires on your annual renewal date. Doesn't make sense to buy it any other time.

I called them a while back for additional info on the Trails Collection. It seems that they have allocated a specific/limited number of sites at each location for Trails Collection members. I also heard an *unconfirmed* story that a very popular Encore location very close to me is only making water/electric sites available - no sewer. Good luck getting any official confirmation of that, though.

I'm still thinking about it, though it *could* save me a couple hundred $$$ on our annual trip to Maine. We usually stay at a KOA up there.

Roger
You're right, I missed then 1.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #13

We bought zone pass in '16 and rec'd a similar call. Then set an appt. It was a sales pitch for a membership. Best to start with zone pass in my opinion. Learn the system and talk to others before making a huge investment and lifetime commitment.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #14

We've been with TT since '13 and now have the Elite package. I don't recall them ever calling us. We've always dealt with the folks at the campground or I called them myself.
lfcjasp is offline   Reply With Quote