RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2019, 10:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Angell View Post
Given the schedule you have , I would go to Utah. 5 national parks within an hour, scenery like you have never seen being from PA.
No way can you see the 5 Utah nat'l parks within an hour!
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 10:47 PM   #30

Fly to Jackson. Rent a car. Stay in hotels and lodges. You will have 12 days to explore the area
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:12 PM   #31

Foretravel Owners Club
While You are "cutting a rug" across South Dakota.. have a rental movie night and watch "Dances with Wolves"..
Then stop by here......The kids will love it!
https://www.1880town.com/1880-town/dances-with-wolves/
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:13 AM   #32

I'll add my 2 cents, I always tried to follow Busskipper's rule: be ready the night before you leave, and leave after work Friday. now that I and wife are retired, we try to be ready the night before and leave early the next morning. I have no problem driving hard the first couple days to make miles, so we can spend time at destination, (DW doesn't always agree with me on this). If your wife can drive, that will help with driver fatigue, I always said if I want to just relax, I can do that at home. on vacation- want to see/do things I wouldn't normally get. As to your itinerary, i'd follow the advice given by many here and limit to the Yellowstone/GTNP area. The easiest time I found thru Chicago area was 1-2 am returning from Maine to Nebraska, probably not going to help you much. Did you mention how old the kids were? try to have plenty to keep them busy in the MH on some of the long mile days, more than just videos. Above all, get out and enjoy!
Tightwadted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin1960 View Post
rk911, I really need to learn to relax. 36 hours strait , that impressive. Ive done 18 hours or so on a few occasions with me only driving the Motorhome and that was tough.
we’ll never do that again.

at the start we switched off every 2-hrs until we arrived at SLC at midnight where we switched to 4-hr driving shifts to better help us rest. i took the first 4-hrs and the view coming down the eastern slope was magnificent. no sat radio in those days but the AM reception was teriffic.

by the tine we stopped for breakfast...don’t even recall where that was...we felt like we hadn’t showered in days. back to 2-hr shifts for the last segment to Des Moines. when we arrived in Des Moines (no hotel reservations) it took about half an hour to find a room where we collapsed.

the next day was a relatively short” 6-hr drive home. back to work the next day. as i said, never again.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
No way can you see the 5 Utah nat'l parks within an hour!
hahahaha, I guess I should have said that you can drive to within an hour of each
Nat Angell is offline   Reply With Quote