Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
There are some local tax laws that usually apply to 55+ places. Most of the parks we've been to allow a certain number of underage people in their park. Some of this is tied to not having children who need to be in schools. It really varies across the country. Often has to o with property taxes for schools.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
55 Plus means don't bring your PIA kids here. We want peace and enjoyment.
Just like a Restaurant. Some people think it's cute to have their children raise hell. Even some Restaurants are giving discounts to people with well mannered children !
It's been my experience that ill (or no) mannered pets owned by 'seniors' outnumber misbehaved children about 4 to 1 or better.

The DW & I just got back from a month in Florida, we stayed at some AAA parks, and some not so fancy, public and private both.

We encounter 2 misbehaved children in the entire time, but several misbehaved dogs at EVERY place we stayed.

It seems that after raising children folks just don't care to take the time to 'raise' their pets properly.

I'll take the sound of kids playing over a toy poodle's non-stop yapping every day of the week!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #17

I hope the federal government doesn't regulating this!
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
It's been my experience that ill (or no) mannered pets owned by 'seniors' outnumber misbehaved children about 4 to 1 or better.

The DW & I just got back from a month in Florida, we stayed at some AAA parks, and some not so fancy, public and private both.

We encounter 2 misbehaved children in the entire time, but several misbehaved dogs at EVERY place we stayed.

It seems that after raising children folks just don't care to take the time to 'raise' their pets properly.

I'll take the sound of kids playing over a toy poodle's non-stop yapping every day of the week!
to be fair, it's not only seniors with their dogs, it's all irresponsible dogs owners who think its cute when fido is misbehaving
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

To be clear, we do not travel when the children are out of school on vacation , therefor we never experience unruly children.
As for stupid pet owners that don't pick up after their pet or allow the pet bark or howl constantly , I find that returning the turd to the rightful owner can be very effective in re shaping their thinking. As for barking, I will ask them very nicely to quiet their critter, the first time. The second time is at the top of my lungs, which I find has proven to be an effective method to drive home the fact that dear fluffy is annoying me!!!!!!! SMILE
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tfamily View Post
We're currently in Florida. Of course there are a lot of 55+ parks down here. I know in 55+ S&B communities it usually means one person has to be 55 or older. Is it the same in rv communities? DH is 59, I'm 50 and DD is with us. She's 19. Would this work for us?
Back on topic....
55+ means 55 or over. But all of such places I have been to have not asked, and many there are obviously not so.
It is a dont ask, dont tell, unless you are wrinkle free, I guess.
My kids have been there, my grands come for the day.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Now as for myself I have no problems if I run into some sweet young thing under 55 in a bikini at the pool but I suppose rules are rules.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Now as for myself I have no problems if I run into some sweet young thing under 55 in a bikini at the pool but I suppose rules are rules.

Well, I've not been referred to as sweet, but they're your eye's.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Well, I've not been referred to as sweet, but they're your eye's.
Hopefully this is not from John!!
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Myself, I enjoy the challenge of the 55+ parks. I have been in so many that have a limit of 10mph !!!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #25

Recently, as I was having a casual conversation my neighbor's wife I noticed she was upset. She explained that she was upset because even though she was 58 years old she had been turned down for a membership into a local 55+ exclusive community organization. When I explained to her that the 55+ for that organization probably referred to IQ and not age she seemed to become quite perplexed but content.........Her husband even called me later to thank me for explaining it to her.......I didn't have the heart to go any further with him......and my DW is still on the floor rolling in laughter.
Dogtales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #26

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Have to agree here. We encounter noisy dogs, dogs running loose, owners who let them loose so they don't have to clean up after them, etc., MUCH MORE than we have issues with noisy kids. We bring our dog camping but never let him loose and never leave him alone in the RV to bark all day.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One reason we don't have to deal with noises kid is that we travel when they are in school.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
One reason we don't have to deal with noises kid is that we travel when they are in school.
Oopps I hit the wrong button. The self correct feature makes it sound like I just got off the boat!
To finish my point, we keep the summer months for the working folks and those with kids. FORTUNATELY we are retired so we can do that. Spring and fall is our travel time !