Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2008, 06:59 AM   #1

Well, since this campground has received the "best campground" honor from Good Sam, we thought we would try it instead of Compton Ridge or any of the other highly rated campgrounds in Branson where we have stayed in the past.

I am sitting in our motorhome, looking out at my neighbor's sewer connection 6 feet from my front door. Their water hookup is shooting out water (leaking from the water valve itself) and the water is running across my "patio" because the leaky valve connections are RIGHT next to our patio. I've stayed in lots of places where the motorhomes are packed in, but this was surprising because this place is rated so high.

Dirt/gravel pads greet the campers, and gravel roads are the mainstays. There is a clean smallish pool, and a nice warm hot tub.

The clubhouse is nice and we do look forward to the pancake breakfast on Saturday.

Also the main check-in building/store is nice as there are benches outside with nice hanging baskets to compliment the decor.

We walked our dog last night and counted all the RV's here, and came up with 28. Thats all! I guess either the economy has bitten campers and has caused people not to come to Branson, or to stay elsewhere.

EDIT: 6/28....I forgot to add a couple of items.

The bathrooms are spotless, and very nice with soap dispensers and nice clean showers.

The "Cable" gives you 14 channels. I believe it is satelite. There were several campers that had their dishes out.

There is a "cement factory" on one side of the park, and there is dirt reclamation going on for a 50 acre "office park" on the other side of the park...loud heavy equipement with the very nice "back up beepers" all day...not very relaxing, but it ends at dusk.

PS. We had a 100 year rain here last night, and most of the sites were flooded and a couple of RVers had to move their rigs. We had a river running through our pad, and washed out the area near our rear jacks. The staff was OUTSTANDING and came by every single site and cleaned up, swept and then used a bobcat to level the best they could. I believe all 4 staffers put in 12 hours today with the major cleanup. We got over 8 inches of rain in less than 6 hours last night, so the place was a mess. They have set cones around my site, as I didn't move, and they will re-work my site when we leave next Tuesday AM. Update on the leaky water connection next to our site: A very nice gentleman/employee came by (after I asked about the leak) and completely repaired the faucet.

After staying here for 7 nights, and having conversations with the staff and others staying here, I would rate this campground an 8 on a 1-10 scale. The main reason it wouldn't rate any higher is the narrow gravel RV pads, otherwise it is a nice park.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:59 AM   #2

Well, since this campground has received the "best campground" honor from Good Sam, we thought we would try it instead of Compton Ridge or any of the other highly rated campgrounds in Branson where we have stayed in the past.

I am sitting in our motorhome, looking out at my neighbor's sewer connection 6 feet from my front door. Their water hookup is shooting out water (leaking from the water valve itself) and the water is running across my "patio" because the leaky valve connections are RIGHT next to our patio. I've stayed in lots of places where the motorhomes are packed in, but this was surprising because this place is rated so high.

Dirt/gravel pads greet the campers, and gravel roads are the mainstays. There is a clean smallish pool, and a nice warm hot tub.

The clubhouse is nice and we do look forward to the pancake breakfast on Saturday.

Also the main check-in building/store is nice as there are benches outside with nice hanging baskets to compliment the decor.

We walked our dog last night and counted all the RV's here, and came up with 28. Thats all! I guess either the economy has bitten campers and has caused people not to come to Branson, or to stay elsewhere.

EDIT: 6/28....I forgot to add a couple of items.

The bathrooms are spotless, and very nice with soap dispensers and nice clean showers.

The "Cable" gives you 14 channels. I believe it is satelite. There were several campers that had their dishes out.

There is a "cement factory" on one side of the park, and there is dirt reclamation going on for a 50 acre "office park" on the other side of the park...loud heavy equipement with the very nice "back up beepers" all day...not very relaxing, but it ends at dusk.

PS. We had a 100 year rain here last night, and most of the sites were flooded and a couple of RVers had to move their rigs. We had a river running through our pad, and washed out the area near our rear jacks. The staff was OUTSTANDING and came by every single site and cleaned up, swept and then used a bobcat to level the best they could. I believe all 4 staffers put in 12 hours today with the major cleanup. We got over 8 inches of rain in less than 6 hours last night, so the place was a mess. They have set cones around my site, as I didn't move, and they will re-work my site when we leave next Tuesday AM. Update on the leaky water connection next to our site: A very nice gentleman/employee came by (after I asked about the leak) and completely repaired the faucet.

After staying here for 7 nights, and having conversations with the staff and others staying here, I would rate this campground an 8 on a 1-10 scale. The main reason it wouldn't rate any higher is the narrow gravel RV pads, otherwise it is a nice park.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FrontRangerRVer,
Thanks for the info. We'll keep it in mind when we head to Branson next year.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Mark, I've sent you a PM.

As you may remember, we held the 2007 iRV2 National Rally there at ABC and we were treated like royalty.
Not sure what's going on with respect to your current situation, but I never found an employee of which you speak.
Most all the employees are paid work-kampers and as such CHOSE to be there.

Check your PM's for some information that may help....

If I still had the bus and was headed to Branson, I'd stay at ABC.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We went there with a rally several years ago, the owners were very nice but the sites were tight and the pool was too small to swim in. We stayed the week after at another place that had a decent pool and was nearer the showa.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a member here who is new to fulltiming and is living at ABC last I heard and she is very happy. I was there last Nov and Dec and the place was full. And yet I was very happy and comfortable too and will stay there again.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FrontRangeRVer;

I have to agree with rebelsbeach on his post. I also was a participant in the 2007 IRV2 Rally. My wife had recently smashed her foot and Michelle Ward the activities director treated my wife like it was her mother. I have never been to a campground where we were treated any better than at ABC. Upon returning home I wrote owners Sue & Jim Alkire a letter expressing our thanks for assisting and making our stay there a memorable occasion.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #8

I edited my review above as we had some events happen last night at the campground, and the staff was excellent in their quick response.

UPDATE: I upgraded my rating in my above reveiw as the staff has been excellent during the last 7 days, and have worked hard to clean up the park.

We have met several nice RVers in this park, and recommend it for your stay in Branson.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I was at the ABC camp ground Jul 20th thru the 25th, and I'll have to say that the CG was clean and the staff very helpful. I would and do recommend this CG to everybody. I'll stay there again the next time we are in the Branson area.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Haven't been to ABC Campground yet, but it was just featured in the the e-newsletter from Trailer Life, Motorhome, Trailer Life Directory with a very nice write-up.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:38 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I've stayed at ABC and several other CGs in the Branson area. The iRV2 Campground rating section has a reviews on this CG. CGs are like RV floor plans. There is something for everyone. I will not return to ABC. For me, there are several other CGs in the area that offer an overall better value.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have a toad, I recommend USA Corps of Eng campground on the NW corner of Table Rock late. Only $7 or $9 per night, if you have Golden Eagle Pass, and quiet, and clean. Boat ramp right there and nice clean swim beach in the campground.

Very nice campground.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry about that. Table Rock LAKE.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote