Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 04:56 PM   #99

The complaint of discrimination and racism over nothing only shows how far this country has fallen. People go around trying to find something to fight over. Nothing that matters is addressed in this thread by Faithbowls and Troll

Al Sawyer
'05 Mt. Aire
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 06:07 PM   #100

Age discrimination in parks?

I do not see 55+ parks as a threat as long as there are alternative parks.
I prefer the alternative parks.
There will always be choices that can satisfy everyone. I think we should leave it at that.
But, everyone is free to get upset and pound their fists til they turn pink...to no avail. It's an absolute right, no matter the futility.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Troll Killer,

To borrow a phrase from Captain Hector Barbosa.

"You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monster."

And I afraid the monsters and demons you see are no more real than in the make believe world of Captain Barbosa.

There is no nefarious attempt to exclude. No sinister plot. No evil plan Only an attempt by some campground owns to cater to a certain segment of society.

Did you ever stop and ask yourself "Why" they may want to cater to a 55+ crowd only.

... and BTW, we do agree... this is discrimination, but not all discrimination is illegal, and not all discrimination is a bad.

BTW... I gotta ask! What's your position on the 10 year old motorhome rule? (Campgrounds that won't let you in unless your RV is less than 10 years old?)
There is a waiver for both at many places. I have seen couples under age 55 in age restricted parks, and rigs over the 10 model year rule is parks with that rule. I have not see the Class A only parks allow anything other than Class A. No waivers there.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just turned 62 (yay, me! ) and am now eligible for the National Park Service Senior Pass. Do you know how long I've waited for this pass? Yep, 62 years!
Does the Senior Pass discriminate against those under age 62? I don't think so, it's a reward for making it this far. So the same could be said for those private enterprise parks that "discriminate" against those under age 55.
The good part about the private parks is you don't have to wait til age 62! Enjoy the ride!
Old 05-26-2016, 06:35 AM   #103

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
....Anyone who has experienced age discrimination for being too old should understand. I wrote this post after we were refused from a couple parks for no other reason than our age....
Could you PM me with the two parks info? Being older than you I'd like to support them and like the fact that there a few parks that only allow "geezers".
Old 05-28-2016, 02:59 AM   #104

Hi Mr. D
You are so right about replying to the person who thinks supporting 55 plus is racism.
Maybe some of the 55 plus group prefers to be with their own age group.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:54 AM   #105

I was getting all riled up and ready to post some snarky remark about why are you trying to get into an old folks home? Or maybe going down to the local assisted living joint and trying to get a room and it hit me. I'm over 55 and I'm in. No need to get all worked up. Actually, there was never a reason to get all worked up.

If a place is so exclusive to only cater to a certain aged group, then that's probably not the place for me. In the OP's original scenario, a Walmart parking lot is a viable option.

Planning ahead to pre-find a place to stay instead of driving until you are bone tired is a much better way to solve this. It's really not that hard.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #106

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Many of the 55+ parks I've seen are in snowbird country with many of "sites" filled with park models. There seems to be a legal requirement in these areas to leave a % of sites open to RVs in order to call themselves an RV Resort or Park. Some nicer than others. Some are golf course resorts. Most have activities planned for seniors. We have also stayed at Jellystone parks and KOAs geared to families and kids. There's room for everyone out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1464443979780.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	128426  
Old 05-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #107
vod

It all seems pretty simple to me. I will never argue or try to talk someone into taking my money. If you don't like an individuals or businesses practices, beliefs and rules don't do business with them. instead of getting all fired up, choose to spend your time and money elsewhere with like minded people. It's a free country and you have the right to be offended......
Old 05-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #108
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thread Closure

Several posts were removed for violating the Community Rules including Off-Topic posts, Personal Exchanges, and Baiting other members.

The thread has run it's course and has been directed closed by the staff.

Thanks to all who posted in accordance with the Community Rules.
iRV2 Staff
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Closed Thread

Tags
scr