RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2018, 08:37 AM   #1

Algonquin Provincial Park - Mew Lake Campground

Hello everyone

We thinking of doing a 4 night stay sometime in the 1st 2 weeks of Aug 2019.

From what I have read there is a bike trail/rail trail that goes through the campground, anyone use it for biking? We enjoy moderate to easy hiking, kayaking, swimming and level biking trails.

Would really like to see some moose on this trip, how numerous are they?

Anyone have experience with the campground? We hope be booking a 30 amp site (site 1 through 66) anyone have a recommendation on a particular site?

On a review I read the dump station is down the road on highway 60 away from the campground and there was some mention you might need to fill water at the dump station? but I see water fill stations at the campground? (I would just like to do 1 stop at the dump station while leaving the provincial park)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcamping View Post
Hello everyone

We thinking of doing a 4 night stay sometime in the 1st 2 weeks of Aug 2019.

From what I have read there is a bike trail/rail trail that goes through the campground, anyone use it for biking? We enjoy moderate to easy hiking, kayaking, swimming and level biking trails.

Would really like to see some moose on this trip, how numerous are they?

Anyone have experience with the campground? We hope be booking a 30 amp site (site 1 through 66) anyone have a recommendation on a particular site?

On a review I read the dump station is down the road on highway 60 away from the campground and there was some mention you might need to fill water at the dump station? but I see water fill stations at the campground? (I would just like to do 1 stop at the dump station while leaving the provincial park)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Mike
It's been a while since we were there so take this with that in mind. The moose are plentiful and can be seen along the road side often. I found them more plentiful at the East end. Watch for wet black muck spots (the more muck showing, the more often they are wading around in it) where they come out to wade and eat water plants. They are drawn to these sites due to the salt on the roads draining into them in spring. You can get out to approach them quietly to photograph, but be wary. They will be out till maybe 9:30 in the morning and again at 3:30ish. That is still fly season so they also come out to escape them.
The bike/hike trail is not to strenuous, designed as it was for a general skill level. Again, fly season. and do not approach bears.
The park is excellent for just about anyone but I can't give you up to date info, sorry.
FixerCQI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground